ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: need some help with stoping the auto curving of lines

need some help with stoping the auto curving of lines

I am having trouble figuring out how to stop the program from curving my lines, for example when Iím drawing with the pencil a V shape it turns the line into a U. I hope I am making sense to someone lol.... Iíve looked in the manual and canít find how to prevent it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated . I know it must be a setting thing.

Hi bluesparrow
    That would be the Ink Pen tool you are using? The tool's default line smoothing setting is set at 10%.
    To turn it OFF;
    With the Ink Pen selected open the settings pod and set 'Smoothing' to 0%.
    Name:  Screen shot 2012-12-02 at 18.53.16.png
Views: 174
Size:  44.7 KB
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Quote Originally Posted by markw View Post
    Hi bluesparrow
    That would be the Ink Pen tool you are using? The tool's default line smoothing setting is set at 10%.
    Markw is right in saying that the Ink Pen has a "Smoothing" option to allow for line correction, but the Pencil also has this feature. It's only available when you have set the Pencil tool to use Precise mode on the settings panel. The idea is the same, however. When you have the Pencil tool selected and have it set to use the Precise mode, just turn the Smoothness option down to 0% and the auto correction should be turn off completely.

EDIT

@ bluesparrow, if you're using AR Studio (or AR Studio Pro), you might also find the two ARpacks link I posted below, useful. They contain Sticker Spray Presets I created for sketching purposes (see image examples).

You can find my Pencil and Tortillion Presets HERE. The Pencil-like presets in this pack are really Sticker Spray presets designed to work like a pencil, so if you install this AR pack, be sure to look for the presets within your Sticker Spray Presets panel. The two blender presets are for use with the Palette knife tool, so be sure to look for those under the Palette knife presets. Here's the example of what they can do:

And here's a link to where you can download an AR pack full of presets I designed for a variety of sketching styles: LINK. Again, they are all actually Sticker Spray Presets, so be sure to select that tool, before looking for them in the Preset Panel. Here's what some of them look like:

Last edited by Someonesane; 02-06-2013 at 12:20 PM.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Well caught Someonesane, I forgot about the "Precise" mode for the Pencil as I never use it!
    I would also note that in Precise mode the pencil will ignore the canvas/paper texture as well.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Thank you

thanks everyone, that helped alot. Thanks for taking the time out and showing me how to correct that.