ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Newbie -- question about painting over a photo layer

Newbie -- question about painting over a photo layer

Hi all --

I'm new to artrage and have been loving playing around with it. However I do have a question about using photos as a background to work on top of. I've been doing this in layers, in which I set a photo as my first layer and then work on top of it. I see that any photo being used as a layer is automatically transformed into paint. Often I love this, but I have found times when I simply want to paint over a photo without it treating the photo behind it as 'wet paint'. For example, I have a photo with a lot of white space in it. I want to be able to draw dark lines over this white space, but when I try to they come out very pale, because my dark pen color is blending with the white "paint" in the background. Is there a way around this?

Thanks!
    Emily

Oy -- of course no sooner had I posted this than I started playing around with my layers and realized my photo layer was on top of my painting layer. When I reversed the order I was able to draw on top of the photo without it dimming. Silly me!