ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Rotate Image...

Rotate Image...

Hi, I was trying to rotate a piece I was wotking on by 90 degrees, but could not find the option to make that permanent.
    The canvas should remain rotated defenitly. Is this possible? I could not find it in the Manual.
    Thanks in advance,

Rob

I do not think rotate canvas is possible in ArtRage, unfortunately, so you have to do it in two steps. Go to edit>crop/expand canvas and make your canvas dimensions the size of your longest side. so if you had a piece 1024 wide by 768 high. You would turn off the toggle checkmark that says Preserve Original Aspect. This will allow you to keep two sides the same and
    increase the other two sides to match and make a square. So if you wanted your image to be 768 wide by 1024 high. You would first make the canvas 1024x1024. Then rotate the layer by 90 degrees. Then edit>select layer contents and do an edit> crop to selection. That is the long way around but it works.

you can rotate canvas by using the transform tool.(look for it under 'tools)...put your cursor near one of the corners an almost round arrow will appear..you can turn the canvas as much as you like. right clicking mouse makes it permanent
    Last edited by moosie; 02-04-2013 at 10:28 AM.
    .................................................. .............................
    There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.
    Author Unknown

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused

Moosie, you can rotate the image on the layer, but it will cut off the ends of your painted area. You can't rotate the whole canvas with the transform tool. Only the layer rotates. Try it.

You can temporarily rotate the canvas 90, 180, 270 degrees or any other degree with the canvas positioner tool , (it looks like a little easel,) but after saving it will revert back to the original position of the canvas. It can only be rotated with the canvas positioner on a temporary basis to work on the painting, but it is not permanent.
    Last edited by screenpainter; 02-04-2013 at 11:29 AM.

Moving this to the technical support section.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thanks guys, I will simply make a sidestep to Photoshop and rotate it there.

Rob

Rob, that is the easiest way yes for those that have Photoshop.