ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Moss on stone

Moss on stone

At the LanSu Chinese Garden, iPhone with pencil and oil overlays ...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    xiěyž, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio

Love the textures on this one Pete
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

cp....love the energy of this and rich earth and moss colors. I think that must be the pencil lines generating the active diagonals in this... nice movement.

Pete, lovely colours and textures

I like this texture
    Silvia Bandini

Sorry for my english...
    Click for my gallery
    Click for my Blog
    Click for my deviant

coops, gary, jean, silvy, thank you!

I was looking at the texture of a rough, pock-marked Chinese spirit stone at the Garden and got distracted by light falling on moss ... I notice the word "texture" has been gaining a lot of traction on this forum recently , it's worth a fuller discussion in another thread, I'll just say a few words about it here, since some of you mentioned it ...

You're probably thinking, Who cares? It's Super Bowl Sunday!

The Chinese spirit stone drawings I've posted here depend on texture and crosshatching to bring up the light ... With this one, I began by slightly enlarging the resident AR smooth canvas on the iPhone to bring out the weave (its texture), so I could exploit the horizontal pattern of the canvas itself ... Then after drawing for a while, I used a simple crosshatching technique to etch out positive and negative spaces against the pattern of the ground -- this is how I would have done it in natural media, and I was just imitating that process ...
    Artrage Gallery

Yeah, I'm not getting iPhone from this so much. Is this a portrait of the 4s or the 5?
    Hehe. Sorry. Being silly. I have just been playing yesterday with the iPhone app for the second time. It's taking some getting used to having fewer features, but I really like having the ability to paint with me wherever I go now. What I need to do is try out Lima's home made stylus idea and/or get one off the shelf at the store. My fingers are a little too big for any finesse without zooming in and out constantly. I very much admire what you have been doing. Seems like an awesome utilization for this application almost as if one suggests the other -- Making use of the limits as well as the capabilities.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Really looking forward to a post of something you've done on the iPhone ... I don't have Siri activated, it would be nice to be able to ask, "What tint would look best here?" hehe ...

For some time now I've been in the forefront of retro uses of ArtRage, haha ... Everyone wants bigger monitors and bone-crunching computer power, but I think art is physical, not technological, and so have always preferred the tactility of the small format device ... I never use a stylus with the iPhone, everything is done by hand ...
    Artrage Gallery