ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Woman in green

Woman in green

4:30 am. My first attempt at drawing a person. I guess it's not bad but I really enjoy drawing. Her mouth is a bit crooked but the photo was too, it was a mug shot and she wasn't happy. I do not like watercolors.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	woman in green.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	305.6 KB 
ID:	72779
    I can post the original if anyone wants to compare. This is George, signing off. My addiction is turning me into a zombie. PS: I have a terrible time trying to draw hair.

The last time I kept an open mind,
    my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
    Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
    No more open minds or dogs for me.www.gms9810.com/

I love her expression. If you feel you are having difficulties or need help in an area, I enjoy learning from artists on you tube. Also there are various mates here that are very talented with wc. Cesare I think uses them for most of his portraits. I believe layering in each area helps as well, but I am not the best to give advice-still trying to get there-lol.

Its a good effort, hair is always a difficult one to do and I think you need to have a variety of shades in the main colours underneath before you draw in the actual hair.
    Geoff

Very nicely done
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra View Post
    I love her expression. If you feel you are having difficulties or need help in an area, I enjoy learning from artists on you tube. Also there are various mates here that are very talented with wc. Cesare I think uses them for most of his portraits. I believe layering in each area helps as well, but I am not the best to give advice-still trying to get there-lol.
    Yes I agree, I spend several hours a day finding and downloading tutorials there. I used 4 layers on this one, I'm a big on using layers.

Quote Originally Posted by limey-g View Post
    Its a good effort, hair is always a difficult one to do and I think you need to have a variety of shades in the main colours underneath before you draw in the actual hair.
    Geoff
    This time I made several brushes just the way I wanted them, it made a big difference.

A good start on your lady