ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: New guy looking for advice - "Royo/Vallejo style"

New guy looking for advice - "Royo/Vallejo style"

Hello!

I am new here, bought ArtRage Pro just a couple of days ago and love it!

Before I worked much with 3D software (DAZ Studio) and Photoshop, so I know the basics about image composition, lightning and color balance. In real-life I do much pencil scetching to work out ideas.
    But now, rendering has become boring for me and I want to go for the real thing - painting with ArtRage!

I love, and always loved fantasy images, especially the works of Luis Royo or Boris Vallejo. So what I want to do, better said my final goal is to create paintings in that special style. The problem is that I dont really know how to start, how to learn this technique.

Maybe some of you can give me some hints and suggestions how to learn that style (type of brushes, blending modes and all that stuff that can be done in ArtRage).

Many thanks in advance,

XoechZ

I don't know much about the styles of which you speak. So the best advice I can give is visit the tutorials section of the forums and study the paintings of others (we have some great artists here). And experiment...hope this helps
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

Welcome! I agree with semd74's advice.

I looked up Luis Royo, and he certainly does some truly spectacular work.

Photoshop gives you a good grounding to begin with, but Art Rage is much more interactive with blending etc.

The tutorials and advice in the forum, on You Tube, and elsewhere will set you up. After that, you just need to experiment, practice and ask if you get stuck! There's always someone available and happy to answer a question... or try putting your query into a search on the Forum.

The 'Tips and Tricks' section is great too.

I guarantee you will have fun with AR!

Burned out on DAZ? Just when they're coming out with all the new stuff for Genesis? Actually, Daz and ArtRage work very well together, so much so that I use ArtRage for most of my postwork.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ForCoops.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	475.9 KB 
ID:	72787  

Not really burned out on DAZ, but feeling a bit bored. Its always the same in my opinion, just dress up a doll with pre made clothes, set up some lights, hit render and wait. Not much creativity. And the main problem for me is that there is tons of stuff available (clothes, hair, props,...) but almost nothing suits my needs and looks as I want it.

But you are right, a combination of both sounds good. Do simple renders, and make them good with ArtRage.

I really love your ballet dancer!!!