ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: From Steam version to standalone

From Steam version to standalone

I've seen in the faq and in a couple of threads your intention to try to allow standalone users to use the steam version too, but I'd actually like to do that in reverse. I like Steam, but I don't particularly like that people can see when I'm working unless I sign offline.

We're looking in to this currently, I expect to have some more news on it soon!
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

i was just about to post asking the same question. just upgraded to 3pro. i like having my programs on steam.

I'm going to be covering this in more detail later but here's the short story: While we do think that the Steam DRM system is great for games and online apps, it's clear that a lot of users don't want to be online while painting, and switching modes can be inconvenient.

As a result, we're currently working on changing the system for ArtRage 4 on Steam so that it does not need to be online while running, and when that has been done we will be looking at retrofitting the new system for an ArtRage 3 update on Steam to allow existing users to run offline as well.

I'll have more details closer to AR4 release.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

fantastic Matt - thanks for the fill-in. Question though - if i'm not online with a steam game it just by default gives me the option to play in off-line mode - is that not possible currently with steam artrage somehow?

i can wait for the details - super excited about the upgrade.

Regarding offline mode, you should be able to launch Steam in offline mode and still run ArtRage without the requirement to go online. Let me know if I've misunderstood.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

I am considering buying a Surface pro and stylus in order to take Artrage on the go as a digital sketchpad/canvas, but I am a little concerned about having to use Steam's offline mode as it can be unreliable and leave you completely stuck without an internet connection.

Has there been any update on untying the Steam version of AR 4 from Steam to use without an internet connection? Or even just launching AR 4 without needing to launch Steam?

Cheers!

Try running Artrage from the Steam install folder, it should be in SteamApps - common - ArtRage 4.

I use an exsternal harddisk for my steam installs, but I wanted ArtRage to start quickly, so I copied the Art Rage folder to my primary HD, and I can launch Art Rage, and steam dont start.