ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I wanted to say thank you.

I wanted to say thank you.

Hi every one, Sorry to say but I ended back up in the hospital for a couple days......I'm not liking this bad heart business one bit. It's frustrating and annoying and worrisome to say the least. I got back home yesterday afternoon and I have come to realize life just isn't going to get any better.
    I just wanted to say before anything else ever happens to me, that I have been honored in my spirit and humbled in my soul to have met all of you here on Art Rage. You all have filled my eyes with spectacular colors and amazing talents. So, to all of you I tip my hat in respect and bow to your wonderful individual talents that you share with me and the world. I also thank you for the nice comments and thank you all most for being a friend.

Hey Cartuneman come on now I know its a drag but best foot forward onwards and upwards. THINK POSITIVE else you will have so many of your friends in here kicking your errrrrr butt. You have to think positive and then the brain tells the body to mend. The young lady next door to me had a stroke last summer at the age of 45, she was in such a sorry state but hey shes doing ok now. Her speech is back and the limbs all work fine and I think a lot of that was through putting the best foot forward.
    You are such a treasured member of this community that we want you to smile for hey a smile causes less wrinkles than a frown see. Please be well my friend
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Yeah yeah. . . But did you make the changes to the previous painting I suggested? . . . <j/k>

Listen, that's a fine sentiment. But you can't let this health thing get you down more than appropriate. I can't say what you've been going through, and I know it gives a unique perspective which may or may not be clear. I believe that the most important thing is holding on to a positive projection.

I have been diagnosed with a nasty disease, MS, which had me falling over and had my vision all messed up, and they had me in the infusion center getting 5 days (as I recall - it was a while back) of solumedrol which is essentially steroids to lower the inflammation on the nerves in my brain. I had been reading the side effects of the drug at the time and it included depression to the point of taking one's life. How's that for a side effect. Mother fu. . . I wasn't suicidal, but I could see people going that route if so inclined. I had been expecting to die though.

Anyway, what the effect was was that everything went flat and hopeless on me. And it was as if I was looking at the world through a dull tunnel where I was totally disengaged from absolutely everything. And the thing that brought me back was watching a very funny new TV show that got me to laughing. And after a few days of living my chemistry came back into balance and all the while being lifted one rung at a time by the occasional laughing.

It was through that huge swing that I came to have opinions about life and death issues that had been on the table for the world, but never before for me. I realized that moods are often driven by body chemistry and can flip hot or cold based on something as temporary as chemistry -- way more than the reality warranted. And I also suddenly had opinions about choice and life and attitude and all that stuff.

The other and main thing is for me that it would have been easy for me to have given up and projected a scenario way worse than the reality because I was in the middle of some scary stuff. I had to explain to my son what it meant to have MS. And therein was the moment of my real choice. He asked that's really bad, right? And I said maybe, maybe not. We'll have to see. And that really is the point. Fear is the worst enemy and can send us down really abruptly, way below where one needs be.

If I am to offer you anything it's that you have to override negative illusions. It's quite natural to be impacted negatively over this. But keep your eye on the high road. Listen to your doctors and all that. But keep your bearings as much as you can through this. You have a lot going for you, a beautiful family and infinite talent, and a great joy of life from everything I've seen. So be well. Be prudent and sensible with what you have on your plate presently. You've got friends here anytime you want.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I send love and hopes for your improvement.

Struggling here too!

Every day we have on this earth is a bonus, and only humans know we are finite. Live in the moment and relish each day. xx

Sending you warmest wishes, friend, and hoping that rest will help up cope with this difficult time.

It's a big burden Cartuneman, You will handle it the best you can, Keep your chin up and think postive and know we are all sending hopes and prayers to you

John, I had prepared this long story, but I won't share it right now. It is a bummer when things seem to knock us down, but keep that chin up, and be the strong person that you are dear man, and focus on recovery, and the love all around you.

John, DAkey and Katie have given you some great advice, I will only offer encouragement, and friendship and the desire to see more from your talented fingers.

thank you all so much for the words of encouragement and the thoughts of good will. It 's just been hard. I will do my best to keep my chin up. but what I was trying to say was or is, I wanted to thank you all for being a great extended family of friends.