ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Print On Demand Art

Print On Demand Art

Hi all,
    I am hoping that this is being posted in the right board if not apologies I have a Zazzle shop where I sell my products with my original art and to date it has worked quite well for me, but was curious to know if any of you use Artrage to create your art for POD places, like Zazzle ? For a lot of the products the dpi have to be quite big as to get the best quality image for the finished product, and I seem to recall reading somewhere that AR is a bit laggy for large scale artworks.....do any of you have experience of this or thoughts on the subject ?
    Thank you for any replies

I post my artworks for sale on Fine Art America and have ordered some for myself. Artrage affords you the advantage to rescale your artworks to a very high resolution for this purpose.................TJ
    You can go to my link below and see some examples and sizes..............

Tony, that's a fascinating and beautiful web site. Tell me, what is the instrument you are playing in your photo. It looks eight-stringed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyjazz View Post
    I post my artworks for sale on Fine Art America and have ordered some for myself. Artrage affords you the advantage to rescale your artworks to a very high resolution for this purpose.................TJ
    You can go to my link below and see some examples and sizes..............

Hi Tony...thank you so much for the information. I had a look at your website on FAA they are all beautiful, full of colours and dreams. I used to belong to it a few years ago but because it was so big got kind of lost amongst all the other artists, might rejoin later on perhaps.

very good to hear you are making some income from the art. cool. your display of art looks really great on that website. they seem to do a great job of displaying it.

Iíve had a Zazzle store since 2007. I use three different programs for creating my artwork. CorelDraw is my main work horse for creating vectors and arranging elements into a design and Corel Photo Paint for creating metallic effects. ArtRage is the program that I use to make anything that I want to paint or polish up my vectors. Recently Iíve been using the sticker sprayer to create things like lace hearts. I use Paint Shop Pro 9 for creating tiled backgrounds.

I create a lot of the elements for Zazzle at 300dpi in ArtRage. If Iím working on something large I do experience some lag time. My current computer is a second generation i5 with 16GB of fast RAM. From what I understand ArtRage canít really take advantage of the entire RAM I have installed but is mostly slowed by the wait for the processor.

I have learned a little trick for when I make my hearts. I make one side and then duplicate the layer and flip it for the other side. When I move the second half to line it up I zoom in really far and move it with the arrow keys holding down the shift key. The farther I am zoomed in the faster the move goes. Iím assuming it is because processor doesnít have to refresh as much video data when zoomed in. I also turn the visibility off on layers I donít need to see while Iím working on another one.

There are lots of products at Zazzle that are not that large and so working at 300 dpi for them isnít that difficult. The postage stamps and cards are not over taxing for ArtRage. I wouldnít try to do an entire skateboard in ArtRage, but you could create elements and then combine them in another program or just upload individual elements to Zazzle and combine them on the products. Not all products on Zazzle need 300dpi. I have a tendency to make things big so they can be used on more products, but I realize that many times it is over kill.

ArtRage has more than paid for itself through my Zazzle and GCU stores. I am surprised that more Ragers arenít taking advantage of the free print on demand sites like Zazzle. There certainly are enough talented people here who could at least make enough to keep themselves in computer and software upgrades by selling their original artwork.
    Last edited by Aunt_Betsy; 02-05-2013 at 10:45 AM.
    Aunt Betsy

My Zazzle store:
    Aunt Betsy's Celebration Art

Hi Aunt_Betsy
    Great to meet another fellow Zazzler here on the AR forum . I have not been Zazzle as long as you but my hand drawn art has done well for me and still is and as most of this is scannned in, like you I tend to do overkill with the sizes to go on products. I am very new to Digital art in every sense of the word so this is all a very steep learning curve for me and with practice hope to be able to produce work good enough to open up another shop on Zazzle for that type of art. Thank you for all your tips, havnt a clue about making vectors or what program you need to do that, but I suppose that will come in time she says hopefully !!!

Going to have a look at your Zazzle stores now