ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Embera Boy with Bubbles

Embera Boy with Bubbles

Visited an Embera native community while in Panama last year. Some in my party handed out little gifts to the children of our hosts. This little guy had lots of fun with a bottle of bubble soap! Painted on my iPad using watercolor, paint bucket and chalk tools.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	354.8 KB 
ID:	72683  

Has an interesting feel as if a drawing done in markers, only with some interesting textures.

I bet that trip was one to always remember. Very charming shot that shows kids are kids. I just recently watch my grandson playing with bubbles as well. Did you bring in the bubbles for them? I never heard of this tribe, I assume they're remote?
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Has an interesting feel as if a drawing done in markers, only with some interesting textures.

I bet that trip was one to always remember. Very charming shot that shows kids are kids. I just recently watch my grandson playing with bubbles as well. Did you bring in the bubbles for them? I never heard of this tribe, I assume they're remote?

We stopped after going through the canal; took dugout canoes to their camp (quite an adventure for an old lady like me!). Lovely, warm, generous people who take only bare minimal from the land. These Embera live in a national park and are forbidden from knocking down trees and doing anything permanent to the land. They support themselves by basket making and producing carvings from dead foliage and trees, which they sell to tourists and other visitors. Their baskets are quite famous. I took a bunch of shots of the boy with the bubbles but I didn't get the feeling of the place from them so I took some liberties with the painting. As for reminding of grandchildren, this boy would have had to be glued to a computer screen and playing video games in the jungle to remind me of my two guys! Oh for the days when simple things made children happy!

Beautiful child and a very nice painting. Well done!

amazing work, love the subject and technique... iPads are so amazing for artists..

Very nicely done, lovely subject just being a boy.
    Geoff

WOW Lindae, this is wonderful you make me think I should try again on my Ipad LOL, did you use a brush or your fingers ?

Very well done on your ipad, I am still trying to accomplish something on my ipad lol

Quote Originally Posted by justjean View Post
    WOW Lindae, this is wonderful you make me think I should try again on my Ipad LOL, did you use a brush or your fingers ?

Sometimes I use my fingers but most times I use a stylus or a brush stylus. I like the Bamboo brand stylus because it has replaceable nibs and you can get these in different firmness.

Thanks guys for all your kind remarks!