ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: First time with ArtRage - Local hills in spring

First time with ArtRage - Local hills in spring

Hi, this is my first post on this forum and I'm looking for constructive criticism and feedback on what to do in improving my first "painting" using ArtRage. I was trying to go for an impressionistic / expressionistic technique using this program. Any (brutally honest) advice on colors, form, or composition would be extremely appreciated!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test3c_web.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	457.2 KB 
ID:	72669

Nicely done.

Hi.
    Well ... for a first attempt ..... it is very good, very well shaped.

If y may suggest one thing :
    I would blur and light a little bit the hills in the background just to reinforce the depth of the painting.
    But again : this is a very nice peace.
    Chris

Thanks for the feedback and compliments! Yeah I just tried upping the brightness of the background and that does distance the it and add depth. Thanks!

4. New Memeber

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	artemis.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	151.6 KB 
ID:	72809This was my fist drawing with ArtRAge, I'm pretty new as well. I often use the ink pen and airbrush for my drawings. Tips would be appreciated! Great job by the way.

that is magnificent. there is no critique necessary. phenomenal work. beautiful art. just keep doing what you are doing. amazing! you are already way beyond most of us. I didn't add this to my favorite artrage artists, I added it to my favorite contemporary artists. It's that good.
    Last edited by screenpainter; 02-13-2013 at 05:38 PM.

Ditto! It's a beauty!

Silver arrow .... start a new thread under your name, and you will get responses. Look forward to seeing more of your work.

good call Robyn. this should definitely be posted in the main gallery here if it hasn't already and it will surely get a lot of comments.

8. Thanks.

Thanks for the notification everyone, I'm looking foward to posting more.

This is a wonderful painting! I would agree with Chris on making the hills in the back a little more distant. I don't know the location but it reminds me of the Badlands of South Dakota. I hope to see more of your work soon.
    Aunt Betsy

My Zazzle store:
    Aunt Betsy's Celebration Art