ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: abstracts with stickers cont.

abstracts with stickers cont.

I have a few saved up. I kind of liked this one. You can probably tell it is mostly sticker brushes. A little oil and a little pencil as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	running for shelter.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	445.2 KB 
ID:	72625  
    Last edited by screenpainter; 02-03-2013 at 03:02 AM.

Always enjoy seeing your paintings, Screenpainter.

All I see is a gorgeous canvas which evoke a Spring or Summer day in California. I know CA's not your stomping grounds, but it feels fresh and sunny to me. Has a little bit of a soft, less angular Diebenkorn kind of feel to me. It's not a flagrant use of stickers -- more of a pattern echo in your case. I really like the variety of marks. Very nice!
    Last edited by D Akey; 01-28-2013 at 03:50 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

... the liberal and inventive use of texture, the projecting and receding colors, the tears or cracks in the surface, the raised and flat forms transform this into a mixed media action painting ...

... hi screenpainter, thanks for your comments on my work
    xiěyž, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio

I like this on SP, it feels like a warm summer morning when the mist is lifting of the water

albert.. I was excited to see you posting again, and this is a very beautiful work, like others have said it has a light summer feeling with the cerulean sky and light greens. what I find most interesting is the amazing variety of mark making involved and how it all hangs together so well, nothing is obtrusive yes they all lend variety and interest to the piece. it is such a pleasure to view...great job.

Albert this is so pleasing and wonderful to look at, love all the colors and shapes, beautiful piece to frame and hang

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Always enjoy seeing your paintings, Screenpainter.

All I see is a gorgeous canvas which evoke a Spring or Summer day in California. I know CA's not your stomping grounds, but it feels fresh and sunny to me. Has a little bit of a soft, less angular Diebenkorn kind of feel to me. It's not a flagrant use of stickers -- more of a pattern echo in your case. I really like the variety of marks. Very nice!
    Thanks DA, must be the dreary weather around here that caused an inner revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by chinapete View Post
    ... the liberal and inventive use of texture, the projecting and receding colors, the tears or cracks in the surface, the raised and flat forms transform this into a mixed media action painting ...

... hi screenpainter, thanks for your comments on my work
    thanks for liking and noticing the details Pete.

Thanks Jean. it would make a nice summer shirt.
    Gary, as always, thanks for appreciating the textures and scratches and the nooks and crannies.
    Thanks Pat. I appreciate your appreciation very much.

It feels at once, exuberant, optimistic, and, wet and wild. Well done, Old Friend.