ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Red Vase Diddled With.

Red Vase Diddled With.

Honest Mr D Akey I was trying out your suggestions and I sort of got carried away.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	red vase 2.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	256.3 KB 
ID:	72588  

I like your original best LOL

Based on what I said before Fraser, I LOVE this. I really like the additional colors. It adds so much character. The extra picture within the picture is also a very cool, though surrealistic way to break up the space, which I also quite like. It's one of your trademarks, as I recall from when you were doing a lady standing on a balcony watching ships in bubbles floating by. . . It's rather trippy. Talk about depth, eh? Hahah. Depth within depth within dimensions. . . very cool. Anyway, I like the purple quite a lot. Good choice. I hope you enjoyed the process.

I think JustJean and I are coming from different directions in this case. But I respect her take on them. May be a naturalist painter vs painting a painting as an end in itself kind of contrast in the evaluation of a painting. Maybe the first one is more appealing for other reasons. Dunno.

But when one starts out with a color statement as this was before, I interpret it that way and I comment based on where I think you're aiming. Hope it was fun and yielded something. As I say, I prefer this second
    third fourth one.
    Last edited by D Akey; 01-27-2013 at 01:15 PM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I really like this one Matey, I like how it travels on and on through the other paintings, fine work Matey
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

I guess I have not yet seen the original, but this is stunning!

I like the blue which really brings the vase to life in this painting but I also like the patch of heavy texture on the wall that shows more in the first painting

A beautiful example of using composition to raise the bar. This has much more impact than the original using the same elements.

So interesting and so powerful! I like it very much!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Oh no.. time warping....I just hope I don't end up in the 1600's. I am sure it wasn't nice for herbalists.
    Beautiful again Neil, instant warmth with this one. A complete winner.