ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: I try to bark:)

I try to bark:)

Asking around how to do it,reading possibilities of how to do it,so i tried it myself
    Done 100% with a knife edge,1 image of a bark texture on top of all the layers,1layer of color burn,1 layer of color dodge,the bottom is the image itself.
    For the background? i had no clue what to put there,but i hope you like it anyway??? thx for looking comments are welcome
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TREE.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	107.9 KB 
ID:	72586  

Cool

You've got some lovely texture there, Rondo. Your research and hard work has paid off!

thank you grayflo and indeed it looks like "bark" but i think it need some more " work"?

Quote Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
    thank you grayflo and indeed it looks like "bark" but i think it need some more " work"?
    Hahah. All these four letter words. . .

I like it too. Looks like some trees I've seen with a sort of hairy bark. Don't know the kind of tree it is, but this is really cool.

As to more work. . . depends on what you're after. This is a legitimate look for line drawings and so on. Would print nicely on anything -- at least the black and white would be more cost effective for the little traces of color you put in. But it's nice with color. Just speaking of the printing potential of a high contrast style like this.

It could also work well when a simple silhouetted tree with texture would work with the rest of the picture style.

It's nice. Got uses. Well done!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I think the bark work is fascinating and the subtle use of color is a suggestive way of inducing the impression that there is more there than immediately meets the eye.
    (If you want to enhance that I'd suggest looking into the British mythology of The Green Man.)
    As for background... I'm not sure anything is needed. Personally, I would have done this in a more vertical format to minimize the empty space but I'm sure some would give argument to that choice and say that the empty space speaks loudly of loneliness and/or isolation.
    I like it, alot.

You really are getting there Rondo, well done
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Thank you all for your kind works of encouragement and opinions, really appreciate it.

great piece. very minimalist. love the texture and subtle touches of color.