ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harliquin Dream

Harliquin Dream

a harsh laugh in the night... bright colors and gaiety splash in the dream.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Harliquin Dream.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	441.6 KB 
ID:	72580  

This one really makes sense to me. It all fits. Bravo! One of your best. Love the ratio of geometry to organic shapes.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Yes! You look at it for a while, and there so many great areas to look at. Love the stars, they're a surprising edition, and they really work.

Gary, so interesting and what a fantastic job, so much to look at there

Gary, as you know I do not understand abstract, do you start these off with a plan in your mind or just go higgly piggly. I really feel I'm missing something by not understanding them and when I look at one sometimes I have a first impression another time I will think of words that come to mind while I'm look like this one today I thought spontainious (sp?) joy

Nice...I think one of your best efforts
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    This one really makes sense to me. It all fits. Bravo! One of your best. Love the ratio of geometry to organic shapes.
    D Akey thanks the ratio of the geometric form to organic is 3.14168 ..

Quote Originally Posted by copespeak View Post
    Yes! You look at it for a while, and there so many great areas to look at. Love the stars, they're a surprising edition, and they really work.
    dear copespeak thanks, glad you found the introduction of the stars effective. given the subject I felt that they were called for.

Quote Originally Posted by pat1940 View Post
    Gary, so interesting and what a fantastic job, so much to look at there
    thanks dearest Pat always fun to have you comment.

Quote Originally Posted by justjean View Post
    Gary, as you know I do not understand abstract, do you start these off with a plan in your mind or just go higgly piggly. I really feel I'm missing something by not understanding them and when I look at one sometimes I have a first impression another time I will think of words that come to mind while I'm look like this one today I thought spontainious (sp?) joy
    justjean to answer your question yes I always have a plan, and an idea when I start, I get abstract visual images and let them move around and change sometimes for days. That said I do take advantage of happy accidents and the ability in digital work to use layers and undo's until I get it right. Abstracts for me always have a basic origin from nature and I go for frequent walks with my dog and ideas and shapes come from that, and music. I guess for my work you could think of looking at nature thru a kaleidoscope, and I move size, and perspective around the elements until they build what I feel are pleasant and balanced colors, shapes and textures. I don't know if my explanations help but I did paint realistically for decades before I started experimenting with abstract form..although on this forum I have only presented the abstract.

Quote Originally Posted by semd74 View Post
    Nice...I think one of your best efforts
    thanks so much Steve.

gxhpainter,
    I hesitate to think that you attended this high spirited, merry
    making (and not to mention effervescent!) festivity and forgot
    to invite the rest of us.

This spunky abstract is literally dancing with lively colors and
    sassy energy as if in the mist of celebrating a painterly Marti
    gras. A distinctive, creative well done piece!

Mairzie Dotes

gary, you've said it well in your answer to jean ... as soon as you mentioned the full moon, I went to the window, but could see only a halo of light illuminating the clouds ... I guess the puppy is a dog now and can go for walks?
    xiěyž, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio

Quote Originally Posted by Mairzie Dotes View Post

gxhpainter,
    I hesitate to think that you attended this high spirited, merry
    making (and not to mention effervescent!) festivity and forgot
    to invite the rest of us.

This spunky abstract is literally dancing with lively colors and
    sassy energy as if in the mist of celebrating a painterly Marti
    gras. A distinctive, creative well done piece!

Mairzie...oooohhh so sorry I was so caught up with the merriment I forgot to send out invites..... next time for sure

Quote Originally Posted by chinapete View Post
    gary, you've said it well in your answer to jean ... as soon as you mentioned the full moon, I went to the window, but could see only a halo of light illuminating the clouds ... I guess the puppy is a dog now and can go for walks?
    cp... yes he is 1yr old and full grown but still has that puppy spirit of playfullness and physical exuberance on walks along the river...