ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Red Vase Dying Flowers (Ipad)

Red Vase Dying Flowers (Ipad)

Playing with my new stylus, brought into Studio Pro for tweaking of colours.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Red vase.jpg 
Views:	644 
Size:	226.2 KB 
ID:	72551  

like it so much. Well done, the colours, the light, the image, all are magic. Congrats!!

- It is the
    emotion that brings us closer to the reality, which is infinite and diverse. Antonio López García
    - What would life be if we did not have the courage to try something new? Vicent Van Gogh
    My Gallery

Poor old flower, but a great vase that has depth and looks so real.
    Geoff

Fraser, this is done beautifully, like it a lot

A vibrant and colorful painting...very well done
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

In the sun flower of life. Poetic. Vibrant colors.

An early art teacher once told me to draw anything and everything in my world - shoes, trash cans, anything at all. It didn't make a lot of sense to be at 10 years old so I had to file her words away because I had only just taken 1 art lesson. We all know the value of every little thing now of course. And you have turned a fading image (subject-wise) into a statement on several levels. The vibrancy in this physical state is a rather large comment.

I'll make a suggestion that may or may not be on target for what you were trying to accomplish with this pic. But you may want to consider introducing (inventing) some additional colors -- adding them one at a time on separate layers to see what they do to this orange pic:

Try introducing an accent color. Try coming in with some few bits of blue or turquoise rim light (instead of that white) and carry it around the painting here and there. Not super saturated, but mix a little with your orange and build it in here and there. Don't do it like a paint swatch dropped cold into the middle of the orange. But you can blend it in and build up saturation in a couple places. Bear in mind the ratio of one color to the other. You can blend two colors for a surprising amount of range just from that limited spectrum.

Play around and try this and that. Owing to the dominance of oranges, this is a perfect opportunity to see what color relationships can do for you. Paint on separate layers and toggle them on and off to see it with and without each particular color.

Nice painting as it stands too.
    Last edited by D Akey; 01-27-2013 at 07:24 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Love this and all it's intense colours

I really love the colours in this painting Matey. Great work
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

ah there it is. very nice.