ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inking on Art Rage is Fun!

Inking on Art Rage is Fun!

I used to ink regularly in natural media, and have been meaning to try on AR for ages.

This is an Australian Echidna, a prickly, egg laying, ant eating 'monotreme', with a marsupial pouch for its baby, which is called a 'puggle'. How about that for a novel creature?
    We have them up here in the hills, and I only saw one shuffling quietly across the road two days ago. If you disturb them on their travels, they furiously burrow into the ground with their huge claws, and tuck into such a tight ball you can't dig them out. Their spines are very thick and strong and protect them from predators.

Attachment 72523
    Last edited by copespeak; 01-27-2013 at 08:42 AM.

Do they get along with the bunnies? nice lines and motion , what do you draw with?
    xiěyž, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio

Ha ha! I'm sure they get along with bunnies, they're both very benign .... and there's no competition for food. Ants or grass (or my rose buds)? Yum!!!

Just Ink Pen - Round and Smooth. I don't know whether that's in the original program, or I have got it from somewhere.

Nice and pressure sensitive, and the same size for all those lines .... thick and thin. Sometimes the smoothing is a bit much, but it worked for all those long spines. Then I just reduced the smoothing for a bit here and there where I wanted to turn corners.

I'm on a roll and want to do more. Maybe I'll have another crack at the bunny!

I was thinking it might get a little prickly in there if they are burrowing together I guess I meant, are you using a stylus, wacom tablet, that sort of thing ... I've been struggling with my Adonit Jot Touch on the iPad, some days I love it but most days not ...
    xiěyž, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio

I've got a Wacom Intuos 4. It works really well, as you can see from the sensitivity.

Nicely done. Looks like fun.

Thanks Shadowslake. It is great fun!

Very nice work, very interesting work, must try that, it certainly wont be that good lol

Come on. . . you made that animal up from a bunch of other animals. . .

So do you think a porcupine and a platypus given the right candle light and soft music might fall in love and have Little Echidna. . . only in Australia.

Beautiful drawing by the way. Very direct and clean.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks Pat. give it a go, it is fun.

Mr Akey, yes, they are 'fair dinkum'! Such great little guys, I love them.

On a platypus ... we were watching something on TV yesterday morning, and at the beautiful Australian Animal Sanctuary at Healesville, they have a hand reared platypus you can actually pay a LARGE lump of money and get into its pool in waders and play with it. It is very sociable, and loves a tummy tickle and a climb over you. See: http://www.zoo.org.au/healesville/wi...h-the-platypus . I am going to go over and have a close up encounter when the bookings open again in February. They eat 'yabbies', a small freshwater lobstery thing, and at $25 per kilogram, it's a way to bolster the finances.