ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: ArtRage on About.com

Question ArtRage on About.com

http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/pix...gr/artrage.htm

This only covers ArtRage 2.5 ???? Looks like it needs to be updated.....Sue does mention Ar 3 Pro but that's it.

Hey, that's cool! And yes, it should be updated as the versions progress.

As to the wording, while they probably meant no slight, I would like to see them not only call ArtRage "for experimenting" (twice). Makes it sound like a dabbler's tool and that one wouldn't use it for professional level pictures. Many use it in a very direct professional way. And the 'cons' like watercolor and the lag time have been addressed, haven't they?

But ArtRage's presence there is awesome.
    Last edited by D Akey; 01-25-2013 at 03:29 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Hey, that's cool! And yes, it should be updated as the versions progress.

As to the wording, while they probably meant no slight, I would like to see them not only call ArtRage "for experimenting" (twice). Makes it sound like a dabbler's tool and that one wouldn't use it for professional level pictures. Many use it in a very direct professional way. And the 'cons' like watercolor and the lag time have been addressed, haven't they?

But ArtRage's presence there is awesome.
    I must chime in with agreement. I use Art Rage almost exclusively for any design, illustration, and concept art that I do. Adobe Photoshop does get a good amount of use as well but it's role is more about modifying photography and compositing still images from multiple photos.
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

The ad is about AR 2.5 and should be on AR 3 Pro. Or a separate ad.

Can someone contact Sue and see what we can do? I am pretty busy now on the mag and other things.

Sue Chastain - About.com Graphics Software Guide <newsletters@about.com>

Sue Chastain is a well-respected graphics software authority who has been producing About.com's Graphics Software Web site since February 1999. Prior to that, she did freelance Web design and desktop publishing. She has worked with graphics software for many years for both business and pleasure.

Post to the Forum

The forum is an interactive extension to this site where you can discuss all aspects of graphics software. I check the forum regularly, and if I know the answer to your question or have suggestions I will help you there. In addition, other forum visitors may be able to offer detailed advice and suggestions I might not have thought of. Best of all, other people get to share the question and answer, and that's what this site is all about. More about the forum...