ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Interior with cloud study

Interior with cloud study

These interiors also are scenes within the eye's reach, although having a Constable cloud study on the wall must count as fantasy, even the gilt frame is unlikely ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Interior clouds 0124 rev1.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	102.7 KB 
ID:	72501  
    xiěy, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio

GO PETE!!!!!!!!! Yeah! Make those characters speak on the road less traveled. Feels complete this one. Of course, I have really liked the geometry in the ones you have employed it. Since you have been doing a elemental calligraphic thing as a springboard, it's as if you're using one kind of primitive (geometric shapes) for another primitive (calligraphic character). Love the patina too.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

thanks, D Akey ... how did you guess? ... Now that my finger is close to being healed, I'm getting hand and eye ready to return to the calligraphic studies ...

I've been reading in ancient Chinese texts on landscape painting, what the masters and their critics were saying ... the impression one has is that all of the graphical elements for landscape were set by the 3rd century, and everything that followed copies from that playbook ... there isn't much of a plein air tradition, they took walks but painted in studios ... they never are looking at an object while painting, they are just focused on the graphic elements ... they say things like, "When the brush moves forward while the eyes are looking ahead, then the painting will come nearer (to one), so one should always fix one's gaze near the brush" (Gu Kaizhi, famous 4th c. landscape painter) ...

ps I left this painting in super-large format, although it was done on the iPhone 5, when you carry it over to the desktop for editing, the file is huge ... I felt that reducing this one in Picassa lost too much of the surface quality ...
    Artrage Gallery

Oh yum! I love it! Moody, stylish, the whole shebang!

... thanks copespeak, I guess I also invented the red curtain, but did actually have them in a space I once lived in, so the trompe l'oeil is in several dimensions
    Artrage Gallery

I like the colors and textures.

Very abstract and effective.