ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Some of my WiP (suggestions etc are welcome).

Wink Some of my WiP (suggestions etc are welcome).

Part I:

Hello again good forum people.

I thought i'd post some updates on what's been going on since my panda-wip-painting. So if you are interested please read on .

Project Panda:

Regarding the panda, he is still WiP hehe. I got sucked up into at least thousand other projects but he will be finished that's for sure.
    How he looks now (last time i worked on him was 2012-12-16):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Panda III.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	132.6 KB 
ID:	72489
    Last edited by Panzerstarter; 02-04-2013 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Change of mind.

Part II.

Part II.

I really hope that people will find any value at all in this thread so my time finding files, dates etc isn't wasted hehe.

Seemann (Seaman):
    Also a recently started project, i'm doing this in oil only since the reference picture looks like a painting itself (it is a very small picture from a local newspaper that i saved some years ago and i'm glad that i did since it got in handy now).
    I'm not sure if i can present a result the way i see it but the original photo was taken during a pretty rough storm and even though it is a pier it also looks like a big boat on a big stormy ocean to me (at least from a distance .

Name:	Seemann.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	160.9 KB 
ID:	72493

Gina Gershon:
    The other day i wanted to paint as fast as possible (yeah i know that haste is waste but still ) to see if that had any dramatic effects on the results. To try the limits perhaps.
    I still got stuck on details from time to time but all in all this took around five hours to paint and it is suppose to look like the amazingly beatiful actress Gina Gershon.
    I guess this shouldn't be considered a WiP since it is finished but i know i'll fiddle with details in the future, absolutely.

Name:	Gina Gershon (new edition).jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	221.6 KB 
ID:	72815

I hope i didn't post too much and i really like constructive critisism. If you guys want i can update this thread with even more stuff since when i looked now i get black and white proof that i've been pretty occupied since that panda-picture. Maybe too occupied , but who can blame me? I love this hobby, i love ArtRage and i guess that i'm not alone.
    Last edited by Panzerstarter; 02-04-2013 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Update.

The panda is great and so is the kitten, though I definitely would go back into that dark eye and lighten it up, so it has some life in it. What you see in the photo doesn't always translate OK into paint. That's where your artistic license comes in!

The tiger file is very large. Maybe you have some layers you can merge, or some texture files in there you don't need any more. I would Export Image File as a TIFF if you don't have Photoshop, then Import Image file to open it up in its most simple form. That will reduce your file size markedly. If you want to add to the work, do it on another layer, because the surface will react differently to how it did before.

There might be another way of doing this, but it works for me.

Lovely work; you're very talented.

Quote Originally Posted by copespeak View Post
    The panda is great and so is the kitten, though I definitely would go back into that dark eye and lighten it up, so it has some life in it. What you see in the photo doesn't always translate OK into paint. That's where your artistic license comes in!

The tiger file is very large. Maybe you have some layers you can merge, or some texture files in there you don't need any more. I would Export Image File as a TIFF if you don't have Photoshop, then Import Image file to open it up in its most simple form. That will reduce your file size markedly. If you want to add to the work, do it on another layer, because the surface will react differently to how it did before.

There might be another way of doing this, but it works for me.

Lovely work; you're very talented.
    Thanks alot!
    Absolutely, that eye was in the plans to "do later" and it definately will be a bit brighter. I definately agree with what you said about the photos not always translating okey into paint, sometimes i get stuck with just that thing which is because of the stubborness i guess.

And also thanks for the tip, do ArtRage save exactly anything that is done on the canvas? Even if one paints it over with for example the felt pen? If so that tiger painting must be weighing at least 20kg's hehe. Out of my lack for better knowledge(?) i never use layers (thought one layer only was closer to the "real world painting") but after this description i'll do a deeper research into the matter, hmm makes me think since all my paintings are in one layer .