ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Daiyu

Daiyu

I didn't draw lines around this first like I did before. It also occurred to me that the drawing/painting doesn't have to look just like the original, it kinds of defeats the purpose of drawing it.
    Name:  d3.png
Views: 101
Size:  199.4 KB
    This is a drawing of Daiyu, that's Chinese for black jade. It's not perfect but I think it's an improvement. I decided to only post images that I consider acceptable. I was embarrassed by my earlier efforts, they were lousy compared to other stuff I've seen here.

The last time I kept an open mind,
    my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
    Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
    No more open minds or dogs for me.www.gms9810.com/

It's great to watch your skills develop, which they are. If we hadn't seen your early ones, we couldn't gauge that.

Great little rat. How's all your pink babies?

They all aren't pink now, thy have their own markings. They're a week old and I'll post a pic of them later today. 4 more weeks and they'll be considered adults and we'll have to separate the girls from the boys.
    I know I didn't get the shading right on that drawing but since I'm a newbie to the art world I've been trying to work on one thing at a time, then when I think I can do it, I'll try to start putting it together. This one was about not drawing lines around everything and I tried a new brush that I hadn't seriously tried yet.

The last time I kept an open mind,
    my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
    Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
    No more open minds or dogs for me.www.gms9810.com/

He gives mice a good name .

Wonderfully cute and furry!