ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Importing a Sketchbook Pro image into Artrage Studio Pro 3.55

Importing a Sketchbook Pro image into Artrage Studio Pro 3.55

I'm new to ArtRage Studio Pro and cannot find a satisfactory inking routine of sketches in ArtRage. Sooooooo, I'm also new to Sketchbook Pro, but was able to get a nicely done inking of a sketch very quickly. I copied the new inked sketch into ArtRage Studio Pro so that I could color it. PROBLEM IS: THE BLACK AND WHITE IMPORTED INKED DRAWING IS OPAQUE, SO NO SUBLAYER COLOR SHOWS THROUGH. HOW DO I TRANSPARENTIZE sp? THE WHITE IN THE IMPORTED IMAGE?

Set the layer to 'Multiply". That makes the white drop out. Having that layer on top will make it like an animation cell (as a way to explain) where the line is on an acetate overlay and all the color work is done behind or below that level. If you set that multiplied layer to less than 100 percent opacity, it will show through the line though. And I don't think that's what you're after. So just make your black on Multiply and you're ready to paint on layers below.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Set layer to "multiply"

As i said, i'm new to this program. What you surmised is exactly what i want to do, but i cannot find anywhere to set my layer to "multily" on artrage studio pro 3.55.

Another method you could use:-

Open your ink drawing up in Sketchbook
    From the Edit menu select Preferences and set the background to transparent

Name:  sbp_prefs.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  96.3 KB

From the File Menu choose 'Save a copy As' and select the .png filetype from the dropdown.
    Import the .png file into Artrage
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)

Here ya go The black is on the top layer and is the one that needs to be selected for the settings. In this illustration, the color is on the lower layer.

Oh, and you may find that the Tips and Tricks forum is a very useful one for techniques and ideas, let alone help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AR Multiply 1.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	181.3 KB 
ID:	72471   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AR Multiply 2.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	208.1 KB 
ID:	72472  
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Waal, dang me Mr Dakey, the thangs you learned me is downright amazeful. Yes sir!

I do thank you kindly an Juz most kindly.

My ole granpappy useter say "Allus something new to be learned about."

Brett
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

Quote Originally Posted by hypotaxis View Post
    Waal, dang me Mr Dakey, the thangs you learned me is downright amazeful. Yes sir!

I do thank you kindly an Juz most kindly.

My ole granpappy useter say "Allus something new to be learned about."

Brett
    Shhhhooooooooooot, t'wern't nuffin. . . Did not recollect that yew were frum the South. . . Southern hemisphere and island that is. But it's only neighborly ta share.

Glad you could use it. I'm sure with your style it could really have cool uses.