ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Trees morning fog

Trees morning fog

This is from a series called "Through the picture window" ... I don't have a picture window, so I'm illustrating pictures seen through the window ... Recently there have been heavy fogs at dawn ... If you subtract out the telephone poles, overhead wires, neighboring houses, cars and so forth, and bring the trees a little closer, this is what you see, more or less ... the image may appear monochromatic, but it has touches of burnt umber, alizarin crimson, cerulean blue, earth green, yellow ochre ...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    xiěyž, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio

Great effects, Pete and I've seen that view through my picture window

chinapete... I like these last couple of works, they are subtle hints of nature, but also work as fields and layers of color evoking their own mystery and beauty. I can see the subtle colors and variations in this and it is evocative of Portland's freezing fogs..

... the fog lifts, slowly, the tree's spirit emerges ...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Artrage Gallery

I love the last one! Very subtle.

Really feels like marble veining to me. And there's an interesting contrast between joining the qualities of wood and stone, symbolically related to the elements anyway. Nice effect.

Oh, didn't see the second one. That one reminds me more of a carpet owing to the dappling that seems like hooked tufts. It doesn't feel like wood or stone for me that one, because of that association now because of the surface you created. I think were the patina applied differently it would say different things to me than carpet.
    Last edited by D Akey; 01-24-2013 at 11:18 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

"The Figure in the Carpet" ... short story by Henry James ...
    Artrage Gallery

Very nice Chinapete.

I especially like the second one.

Nice to see you back at the forums too! Very cool!

Brett
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

Trees: Level distance

Thanks, Brett, and for the warm welcome especially ... Although this third version wasn't done entirely in ArtRage (post-work and printing only), I feel I can post it here because it belongs to this series ... I painted it about a month ago and posted it on my blog ... It's a mixed media artwork, what you are seeing is a print of the image on rice paper via an inkjet printer ...

There are two kinds of classical Chinese landscapes, in the first, the trees are tall and close to the viewer and the mountains are small and distant; and in the second, the mountains are huge and the trees are reduced to dots; this painting captures the spirit of the first, called "level distance" ... In my interpretation, I leave out the mountain ... ps: this is the same tree, seen through the picture window ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trees level distance 树色平远图.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	142.6 KB 
ID:	72505  
    Last edited by chinapete; 01-25-2013 at 02:29 AM.
    Artrage Gallery