ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trip home

Trip home

We went to see the movie 'Hitchcock' late yesterday afternoon, and to dinner with a much loved friend and hubby for her birthday. It was dusk on the trip home, and I was enthralled by the beauty of our countryside as we drove home. I memorised the colours, determined to reproduce them in AR today. I think I got it reasonably right.

Attachment 72388

This is lovely and we can certainly imagine the scene you experienced on the way home.
    Geoff

That is incredibly atmospheric, copespeak. I like it very much.

Thank you both very much.

I love this road home, especially in the 'golden hour' and nearly dark, and often wish I had my camera with me to take a photo. So I bought a little camera to put in the glove box for just such an occasion, and left it at home!

copespeak, what a beautiful painting... I love your choice of colors and it has the look of a Japanese print.... quite elegant

Robyn, this is just lovely! It is very peaceful to look at. I think it might have been a good thing you didn't have your camera with you. You might have tried too hard to match the photo instead of producing what you remembered seeing. This is the true spirit of impressionism, you painted what impressed you about the scene and not every detail. Great job!
    Aunt Betsy

My Zazzle store:
    Aunt Betsy's Celebration Art

beautiful Robyn. love the graphic poster like look of this one. also very Asian feel.

Thank you Screenpainter, Aunt Betsy and Gxh.

Asian feel, yes...... , I can see that.
    You're right about the camera Aunt Betsy, it can force you into slavishly copying detail rather than impressions.
    Gxh, it was nature's wonderful choice of colours. Our hay is all cut and we have no rain for some weeks now. The land is very dry and the grass is browned off. It glowed in the half light.

We are longing for rain, but it is not on the horizon for a while yet ......

I like this a lot. It just catches that evening mood beautifully!

Hope you get rain soon. Almost 50 degrees in Sydney!! Cripes.

Brett
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

If you want the color right, don't stop at the Bates Motel on the way home. . . it's all so very black and white, don't you know.

A romance about Alfred Hitchcock? The mind boggles. . . I can see him coming to the door on his first date as speaking in his classic dour tone that characterized his intro for his show that dealt with murdering spouses and such: "Gooood Evening. . . I brought you some <heavy inhale> flooowwwers." What girl could resist, eh?

Meanwhile, back at the painting. . . you really captured stillness -- that part of the mood that says twilight.

Now that I have an iPhone, I have a camera with me all the time. Sort of like the electronic equivalent of a Swiss Army Knife. I can't seem to get the bottle opener to work very well though. Like you with your dedicated camera in the car, I've found it useful when I see rainbows and such phenomenon that always got away from me. Now I can snatch em out of thin air. Handy that.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream