ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Multiple opacities merged

Multiple opacities merged

Can anyone tell me what happens when multiple layers at different percent opacities are merged to a single layer? A quick experiment kind of suggests the results aren't predictable ...

Thanks in advance, sorry if this already has been asked ... ps, I'm referring to the iPhone 4 and 5 only...
    xiěyž, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio

The resulting merge should look the same as the canvas before merging unless there are multiple different blend modes involved in which case it gets complicated. The opacity of the finished result should be 100%, as to blend multiple layers with different opacity in to a single layer than only have one opacity value requires that the paint is rendered at partial opacity down in to a full base layer.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Quote Originally Posted by chinapete View Post
    Can anyone tell me what happens when multiple layers at different percent opacities are merged to a single layer? A quick experiment kind of suggests the results aren't predictable ...

Thanks in advance, sorry if this already has been asked ... ps, I'm referring to the iPhone 4 and 5 only...

This seems to be the same as Photoshop in that respect... if you flatten an image you will have predictable results, but merging layers with different apply modes will result in unpredictable results. Pretty much what MattRage said.

hi yinyangpalms, I just noticed your reply, it was very kind of you to post it ... I don't know the answer to your question in the other thread, but I'm sure someone will reply eventually ...
    Last edited by chinapete; 01-26-2013 at 11:43 AM.
    xiěyž, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio