ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Synthetic Life

Synthetic Life

part natural... part engineered...the foundation of the Brave New World..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Synthetic Life.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	491.8 KB 
ID:	72349  

Such saturated colours. I love it!

Some juicy looking creepy-crawlies here! But as you say, it's the foundation of a brave new world. The triangular shape is not yet complete.

i love your pieces gxhpainter. There is so much to feed the eye, both the outer one and the inner one.

Gary, such wonderful colours and textures

Childlike.

Very interesting how an abstract can draw such associations for me. I get an impression and ask myself why I get that hit. Qualities of bright unmixed color, and toothyness of crayon seem to stand out most prominently for me. The individual bits speak to me more so that an overall unity. I think of a puzzle and I'm still trying to ferret out the question, which in itself could be considered pretty profound, considering the life process beginning with a wide-eyed kid. My dad used to ask me when I was like 5 or so what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said, "I dunno". Nowadays I've graduated to "How the hell should I know. Quit asking me dad. . . I know you left the planet over a decade ago. Let up, can't you? I wanna be a cowboy, okay?" But I digress. . .

That's how I find my mind going with this one.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I think you got the Klee thing going on here. Very pretty piece Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by copespeak View Post
    Such saturated colours. I love it!
    thanks copespeak, I started wanted to work in shades of gray and black and oops! suddenly my hand was shifted the color picker to bright unmixed primaries

Quote Originally Posted by grayflo View Post
    Some juicy looking creepy-crawlies here! But as you say, it's the foundation of a brave new world. The triangular shape is not yet complete.

i love your pieces gxhpainter. There is so much to feed the eye, both the outer one and the inner one.
    thanks grayflo ,I really appreciate your comments. and happy that the work satisfies..

Quote Originally Posted by justjean View Post
    Gary, such wonderful colours and textures
    thanks justjean, for stopping by

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Childlike.

Very interesting how an abstract can draw such associations for me. I get an impression and ask myself why I get that hit. Qualities of bright unmixed color, and toothyness of crayon seem to stand out most prominently for me. The individual bits speak to me more so that an overall unity. I think of a puzzle and I'm still trying to ferret out the question, which in itself could be considered pretty profound, considering the life process beginning with a wide-eyed kid. My dad used to ask me when I was like 5 or so what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said, "I dunno". Nowadays I've graduated to "How the hell should I know. Quit asking me dad. . . I know you left the planet over a decade ago. Let up, can't you? I wanna be a cowboy, okay?" But I digress. . .

That's how I find my mind going with this one.
    LOL your comments are a delight as usual, and although humorous very on target, I was aiming to get the primary, initial stages of form and color on its way to becoming something when it grew up. This because I was recently reading a scientific article on the advances in synthetic biology.

Quote Originally Posted by screenpainter View Post
    I think you got the Klee thing going on here. Very pretty piece Gary.
    yes reaching into his most verdant works..

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra View Post
    Excellent.
    thanks Sandy , always a pleasure to hear from you.

I love the balance of color and the varied yet motive texture that pulls the eye in, Great work sir! Oh and every thing Mr. D akey said...lol

Quote Originally Posted by cartuneman View Post
    I love the balance of color and the varied yet motive texture that pulls the eye in, Great work sir! Oh and every thing Mr. D akey said...lol
    thanks John, always a pleasure to get your expert's eye to review and comment.!