ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Thease dont have a name yet but here you go.

Thease dont have a name yet but here you go.

I like this one in it's pure form beter than the modified one but I am presenting both. Which do you like best?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bubles mosaic.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	67.1 KB 
ID:	72341

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bubles mosaic wall mural.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	86.7 KB 
ID:	72342

Really nice designs Shadowslake
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

I like them both, but the top one is my favourite. It has a clarity, harmony and balance which appeals to me right now. The arrangement of shapes is very pleasing.

very nice rich in colors

yep I like the top one great color and balance in the composition, the second one has that fractal look and has some interesting points..

Cool. Another variation if you want to try it sometime would be instead of black to try a color. I mean this is just great as it is as well - a sort of black light poster kind of coloration, which is always dramatic. But the color fading into black produces a bit of the range which drabs it or fades the saturation. In other words this feels like it is mixing transparencies like overlaying photographic slides which in fact could produce some interesting directions as a springboard. But it is hit and miss. When you did black and white only the color mixing thing was not an issue because the gradation from black to white never goes away from being in the same family as a gray scale.

There is a whole world of color mixing that goes from color to color (like pale blue mixing with green or pink as an example) where the color's saturation throughout is consistently rich - although it needn't be super saturated everywhere. It's a whole world. If you think of color mixing, which is partially what you're doing, you will have some directions open up for you. You could experiment with that as a possibility as you explore this fractal-like filter technique.

Looks like fun. Go man go!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks to all who enjoyed my work and offered kind words. All of these experaments are leading up to a painting I am going to start tonight. I can't wait to present more for your enjoyment.

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Cool. Another variation if you want to try it sometime would be instead of black to try a color. I mean this is just great as it is as well - a sort of black light poster kind of coloration, which is always dramatic. But the color fading into black produces a bit of the range which drabs it or fades the saturation. In other words this feels like it is mixing transparencies like overlaying photographic slides which in fact could produce some interesting directions as a springboard. But it is hit and miss. When you did black and white only the color mixing thing was not an issue because the gradation from black to white never goes away from being in the same family as a gray scale.

There is a whole world of color mixing that goes from color to color (like pale blue mixing with green or pink as an example) where the color's saturation throughout is consistently rich - although it needn't be super saturated everywhere. It's a whole world. If you think of color mixing, which is partially what you're doing, you will have some directions open up for you. You could experiment with that as a possibility as you explore this fractal-like filter technique.

Looks like fun. Go man go!
    Mr Akey,

I am greatfull for your words of wisdom that offers guidance. I plan on taking what I have learned and plan on applying it to a piece I plan on starting tonight. Live, do, learn, grow, and create. I live by this.

Joseph

Both are interesting but I think the 1st is my fav