ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Knitted Scarf?

Knitted Scarf?

I've been playing around with stickers lately and I was surprised at how realistic I could get something to look with just some curved shapes. This knitted scarf was done in seconds with one of my stickers. It's a single shape with two base colors with shading.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Knitted Scarf.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	72321  
    Aunt Betsy

My Zazzle store:
    Aunt Betsy's Celebration Art

Wow, that's spectacular!

I have to agree with you about the stickers. They can be a very interesting tool.

Wow...thats fantastic !!
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

Looks like my old school scarf Aunt Betsy as they were the colours, very well done I like this very much
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Well this certainly has a realism about it, well done.
    Geoff

That really is an amazing effect. Well done Aunt Betsy! I half expect to see a large championship medallion on the bottom of it.

I also thought of a lanyard. Wonder if there is a tool for that kind of weaving knot kind of camp crafts thing. Fun! And this is very successful as you've done it.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks so much, Robyn, bobbie, semd74, coops, Geoff, and D Akey

Coops, they were the school colors for two of my nieces and a nephew, thatís why I picked those to colors when creating this sticker. I usually try to have at least one of the colors RGB red 255 so it will make so at least one of the colors in the sticker be what the color picker is. This time I wanted to make sure I would have the color combination I wanted without having to hunt around on the color picker to see what I get so the base color didnít include red.

D Akey, are you talking about one of those square braided lanyards that use a four strand braid? I bet I could come up with a way to make it. I made this effect with a single curved shape. Iíve been trying all kinds of different shapes and combinations of shapes to see what I come up with combined with different rotation and flow rates. Now Iíve added in different color combinations. Iím using CorelDraw to create shapes for the stickers. Iím able to use the tools in CorelDraw to do the shading and creating color combinations. I use the Artistic Media tool to create curves and shapes with the color combinations already imbedded in them.

I used a combination of ArtRageís sticker sprayer and CorelDraw to create this Mardi Gras Mask.

Iíve added this sticker and the preset to the Art Supplies forum.
    http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...-Scarf-Sticker
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mardi Gras mask.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	344.8 KB 
ID:	72382  
    Aunt Betsy

My Zazzle store:
    Aunt Betsy's Celebration Art

Aunt_Betsy,
    DOUBLE WOW!!! "Knitted Scarf" is amazingly realistic in every
    respect. The texture, detailing and design is a visual delight.
    Soooooo well painted!
    Mairzie Dotes

very cool sticker brush.