ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Still life: two views

Still life: two views

iPhone, AR oils on basic canvas ...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by chinapete; 01-23-2013 at 08:02 AM.
    xiěyž, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio

I like it. Great way to contain the textures -- reminds me of a territorial enclosing kind of game like Go. You have all the texture business, then you darken areas between the shapes you want to show off, and then the lines are the finishing flair. Feels like a process of birthing shapes coming forward from the 'chaos'. Also the final shape reminds me a little of a papoose or a bound baby as I've seen in Chinese orphanages for the newborns. I'm definitely getting 'birthing' from this.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Lovely textures and very atmospheric. It makes me want to look further into this painting and seeing what is outside the boundaries!

D Akey, that's a pretty good description in words of how I feel my way through ... I like the iPhone because it's a tactile experience 100% of the time ...

copespeak, that's a nice thought, thank you ... one way to "open the window" so to speak is to show the work-in-progress, well, not the whole thing, but a snapshot of a few of the layers at one stage in the process ... you can see I began with mirror images, painting two images side-by-side, then two of the same below ... the "below" survived ... I actually did start with an underdrawing, lost it, then found it again at the very end ...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    xiěyž, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio