ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Moving position of layer on the canvas

Moving position of layer on the canvas

Is there any way to move a layer around on the canvas? For example, could I draw on object on one layer, duplicate that layer, then move the object on the new layer so that it appears to be a clone of the first object?

Jo

You could do this by duplicating the layer from the layers panel ( open the layer panel, then open the layer penel menu on the right, tap 'duplicate layer' with the layer you want to duplicate highlighted ), then transforming the new layer via the 'transform layer' option in the same menu. You'll see transform handles appear around the outside of the layer content. Corner handles can be used to scale, side handles to stretch and you can also rotate and pan the content. When you're done, tap outside the transform handles to apply the change. I hope this helps!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage View Post
    ...then transforming the new layer via the 'transform layer' option in the same menu.
    Thank you Dave. I do have "Duplicate Layer" in my Add Layer menu, but I do not have a "Transform Layer" option. All I have in that menu is "Add New Layer", "Duplicate Layer", "Import from Photos...", and "Take a Photo...". Do I maybe not have the right version for this?

Jo

Edit: Perhaps I should add, I am using the iPhone app. Is Transform Layer only available for the iPad version maybe?
    Last edited by joflo723; 01-19-2013 at 04:22 AM.

Can you select what you want to move (the whole canvas?) and then Transform/move that? I don't know how the iPhone app works...

You're correct regarding the version - Transform isn't available in the iPhone version at this time.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Help! Can't position one layer on top of the next-

When I add the second layer I can't position it easily at all. Same size exactly. I tried two fingers. Isn't there a setting somewhere to fit them together easily? It's almost impossible. I'd use it all the time if I could figure this out. iPad.

There's no system to automatically position layers relative to each other. If you're importing the layers and the source images were the same size then they will be overlaid exactly, but if you've painted the contents manually there's no tool for that.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.