ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Babies

Babies

I knew my little rescue girls were expecting and I thought it would be soon. Last night she presented me with 15 babies (Pinks, some people call them). That's the biggest litter we've ever had. I know, they're ugly now but in a week they'll be irresistible. We may have to bottle feed some but so far they're doing fine. (I know everybody was waiting on pins and needles for this news.
    Name:  dababes.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  373.5 KB
    In a very short while they'll all look different from each other. I plan to try some pencil drawings once they get their unique markings. I'll post a pic every week to show what I mean. It's always fun, we can take two white parents and get 15 babies, each different. Wait and see.

The last time I kept an open mind,
    my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
    Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
    No more open minds or dogs for me.www.gms9810.com/

Roll call! Line up you lot! Time to name the little pink fingerlings!

This is like an episode out of the movie "Yours, Mine and Ours". . . Time to make a dozen or more little beds.

You probably know this, but you have to pretty soon separate the adults out from the kids because they go cannibal. I had that horror when I discovered the furry night clothes and no bodies. . . Of course there were a couple left. Clearly they needed to stretch creatively. And I took them our into my back yard, the back lot of 20th Century Fox studios, leaving them off somewhere between a WWII tank and a gold statue to Annubis used in Cleopatra. I was hoping they could get agents and get some work in an animal picture. But that's another show biz story.

I am trying so hard to comment on how cute they look. . . so hard. . . yeeesh. . .

Well anyway, you're the proud papa. They take after ya. Well done! I bet they will be really cute shortly though.

What I wanted to tell you is that you can draw inspiration from Robert McCloskey's Make Way For Ducklings. He lived in a NYC appartment and bought a bunch of ducks and set them loose in there so he could draw the ducks perfectly for the children's book classic. So you might want to consider doing a children's book. You got the models.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Make_Way_for_Ducklings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0fQpliJJQI
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

We have them in a separate cage to avoid that problem, but they reach puberty in 5 weeks and have to be separated from each other.

The last time I kept an open mind,
    my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
    Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
    No more open minds or dogs for me.www.gms9810.com/