ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Undo not working

Undo not working

Hi Dave

All the problems I had earlier seem to have resolved (after another clean install of ARSP3.5.5) and really(!) clean install of my Intuos 5 driver on MacOSX 10.8.2 (Mountain Lion.)

But the intermittent failure to 'undo' remains. And it's driving me nuts!

I can see no pattern to when it starts. Just suddenly it either won't undo at all, or (much less often) it will undo partially; by that I mean that, say, the bottom half of a cloud will delete (as happened this arvo) but the top will remain but pixelated into large pixels. Nothing will remove will erase the remaining "shadow" part of the cloud.

I'll see if I can get a screen grab of the partial 'undo' if it will help?

Any help would be most welcome :-)

Brett
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

Sorry to hear you're still having problems. The most important thing to know will be the process you've been going through just prior to the problem. If the cause is in the app itself, there will be a specific sequence of events causing it. This can be hard to find, especially if it's a convoluted sequence, but there is something you could do which is likely to help track down what this is your case.

When you start your paintings, at the point you have a blank canvas, go to File -> Record script. No need to 'include current painting', you can leave that unchecked to save on file size. After you start recording, paint as normal.

When you see any problem, click the stop icon in the recording panel and save your script. Script files are highly compressable, so you could zip it and email it to me at support@artrage.com with a description of the problem you saw and I can take a look at it here.

As you're painting, if you save the painting during recording, the recording will continue from where you left off next time you open that painting, so it's possible to record multiple sessions.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage View Post
    When you start your paintings, at the point you have a blank canvas, go to File -> Record script. No need to 'include current painting', you can leave that unchecked to save on file size. After you start recording, paint as normal.

When you see any problem, click the stop icon in the recording panel and save your script. Script files are highly compressable, so you could zip it and email it to me at support@artrage.com with a description of the problem you saw and I can take a look at it here.
    OK. Will do!

Brett
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

Hello Dave,
    As I'm having the same undo problems, can I send you scripts too of it happening to me on my Mac?
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Absolutely. Any info is appreciated as we've been unable to see the problem here. Before sending an arscript file, make sure to zip it and if the file is large, send me an email to let me know and I can work out another way of getting it from you.. Thank you!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design