ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Life As I see it Today.

Life As I see it Today.

Lots of stinky stuff happening at the moment, so I'm letting off steam.

I quite like it though. Catharsis maybe!

Attachment 72202

Pluto. ???

Hi eighty+..... cryptic comment? Elaborate???

Hanging on for dear life, is what I see in this one. The symbolism could be applied to many things. Knowing that you are an activist (started with that petition you put forward about the export of animals from Australia) makes me think that this is an animal (symbolized by a pet under a coffee table) in the home(land) and the outside forces are sweeping through to whisk them away in a (pardon the expression) a shit storm.

I'm getting you're both describing that these animals maintain their heart despite all, and it seems like you are shouting a reminder calling on others to find the heart in themselves - relating to the animals on the heart level.

Or some variation of that animal heart thing. . . could just be a pet dog is fighting to live. Anyway, it's a tough one to look at for any length of time for me like listening to the cries of a wounded animal.

Or, since you keep sheep (and rabbits?), and I kinda get you care about them as if they were a pet, and have grown fond of them, that there is the obvious conflict that they are livestock to much of the rest of the world.

Or I don't get it at all, hahaha. Hope whatever prompted this sorts itself out for you.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Cool ideal... I suspect the painting represents what a lot of people feel like today...

Kind of neat, to me it is like you just let your mind guide your stylus with whatever was running through your mind.
    Not worrying about anything looking artistically correct, so a true representation of your feelings at the time.
    Well done.
    Geoff

copespeak...it is kinda cool, muddy, violent, love a real mixture of emotions... have you been affected by the terrible firestorms ?... nice work on this..

Most abstracts aren't eye-appealing to me, but I do like the ones that can give off an expressive energy about them despite their 'what-the-heck-is-it-supposed-to-be' ambiguity. I think copespeak's turbulent picture is quite cool-looking, and at first, I thought it was a half-goat/cow wearing a superman cape sliding pell-mell into who-knows-what! I also love the heart representing that there's always love in the middle of all the craziness that's being endured. And there you have my 2 cents worth analysis. Did I mention that I really like it?

Some of our best creative inspirations can occur during the worst times of our lives. Terrific work, copespeak! I hope your world settles soon.

Hello All, and thank for your wonderful comments. D Akey, you are amazing, and your perception warrants me boring you with a shortish precis of what is happening.... because you are SO right.

My glorious standard poodle had an eye removed last July. The other eye flared up with the same problem only a couple of months later and was diagnosed by a different vet as Pannus, an hereditary eye condition that always affects both eyes. It is now treated simply with cortisone drops (for life), and remains a viable eye. That led me to come to the conclusion that the first eye could have been saved if the vet had gone to the trouble of trying other treatments before taking it.

I have lodged a complaint to the Veterinary Board and a dispute is underway. I wanted an acknowledgement that she had let Lily down and my $1000 returned. The vet clinic refused, saying she had provided all the options required.

Now, the case notes have been jiggled around to make me look bad and clear her name, which were forwarded from the offending clinic to vets Lily has seen since. Fortunately, she was a bit too clever and I can disprove them pretty easily.

BUT there's more!

Within days of the surgery, Lily began jerking and twitching on that side of her face.... jumping so much, she was falling over, and her quality of life was being affected. I began to suspect nerve damage from the surgery.

Last Friday, I took her to a canine neurologist, who took an enormous amount of time to diagnose. Lily had a huge day, with a long trip into town, numerous tests, etc, etc, so much so her twitching escalated to almost non-stop.

The diagnosis came via email yesterday. I was right! Her Trigeminal nerve has been most likely damaged in the surgery.

She is now on anti-convulsants, and we are hoping that we will see some relief for her in the coming weeks.

The nasty vet(s)? Watch out! I am a bulldog when crossed, especially when my loved companion is suffering. She is the MOST beautiful dog....

Attachment 72211

We all hope for peace. I heard silly old Oprah Winfrey say years ago, 'Do you want peace, or do you want to be right?' I try to live that way most of the time. I've regarded this as an academic exercise with all the researching and having well thought through arguments. But when she lied to make me look bad, I crossed the line and am working on being right.

So there you go. Mr Akey, I almost cried when I read your post. It's been a painful time.

Starry Eve, yep, you're pretty close too.

Coffee table? Maybe not. Superman cape? Sounds possible. Maybe a combination of Lily and I, as she's tall with a long nose and wouldn't fit under a coffee table. Maybe the 'table leg' is just part of the many obstacles placed in our way.

gxh, no, thankfully we have escaped the fires this year, but other states are having a difficult time.
    Limey-g and Kenmo, the mind is an amazing thing.

It just grew without conscious input, and began with ink pen squiggle with eyes..... Maybe I'll do more.
    Last edited by copespeak; 01-15-2013 at 09:52 AM.

What a horrible time you and your dear pet have had, Copespeak. Eighty's comment about Pluto was spot on. I think he was remembering the Disney lollopy dog with big eyes and floppy ears. See here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pluto_(Disney).