ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spirit of the Pine

Spirit of the Pine

not had much time for painting, taking a bit of a break .. but have had this idea/image in my head for days so decided I should get busy and paint it...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Spirit of the Pine.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	496.9 KB 
ID:	72194  

Gorgeous! So cool and with a hint of realism tucked into it, you can almost smell the pine needles.

I like this Gary, love the textures of the pine.
    Geoff

Very interesting to look at

I like the subject and the details surrounding it. Very nice.

I have long suspected that your work is rooted in realistic images. The Waltz and the Blue Dog come immediately to mind.

Wonderful work!

Yeah, I agree with the others who are noting that realism is seeping back in a wee bit. Like you have a foot in both worlds. Of course, if you were a centipede, you could have maybe 27 feet in one world, and 73 in the other unless I miss my calculations. Or maybe it could be where you have as few as 1 foot in 100 worlds etc. . . . And then were you a millipede. . . well, you can see that being bipedal really helps to simplify and thus allows the Hokey Pokey and other dances to be less about the math and more about the binary expression. I like it!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I like the collage-type effect of lines, colors, and shapes. My first impression of the picture was feeling like I was looking at a windshield of a car driving past a landscape of a pine and mountains, but that's just me. A very nice piece. Thanks for sharing!

So expressive Gary, love the colors and yes i have found that little pine tree.. i love trees... and this one is so pretty. Have a wonderful New Year!