ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The blacksmith

The blacksmith

Thought I would try something away from pretty ladies, ref to something i found online.
    Geoff
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Looks good and softer than your usual work

I think it is wonderful. Although I don' t have horses, I supposedly live in the horse capital of the world..Ocala, Fl.. You could probably sell this easily down here. If you post to Artrage Facebook, I will share and pin it , if you don't mind.

Boy, this's got a really nice feel to it, the like of which I have seen in period American paintings. You have to love the light in a smithy's sprawling chestnut shaded . . . I got lost there. . . forgot how the poem goes. But I think you got it very nicely. I started buying some blacksmith tools a little while back. Fascinating art/craft. The chap's glasses make him contemporary. So I can relate to his intensity. Nice work!. . . I mean the painting. . . nice job there.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Lovely work with rich colours and atmosphere.

It reminds me, I have some photos I took of a magnificent blacksmith a couple of years ago. I'll have to hunt them out and enjoy them again.

Well done!

Very good...the colors, textures and lighting are all well done Geoff
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

This is just great

Beautifully painted. All the different textures and surfaces are just right. Truly well done!

Thanks everyone for your kind words.
    It sure bring back memories for me, as a youngster there was a smithy just around the corner from my grandparents and I use to love going and spending time watching the Blacksmith fashioning horseshoes and a multitude of other items. Always kind of a dark place other than the light coming from the fire.
    Thanks again.
    Geoff
    Last edited by limey-g; 01-14-2013 at 01:04 AM.

This one is a keeper Geoff, from the lighting to the fabric this is one great painting
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Everything about this is wonderful Geoff, the lighting the colours the texture, everything, love it.
    Christine.(Paint what you see, not what you know to be there)

Artrage Magazines https://app.box.com/s/6ybcbpnu1rw3tqee40hge5eb7eag6on6

http://saphire1948.deviantart.com/gallery/