ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Wacom Bamboo and ArtRage 2 - strange behaviour!?

Smile Wacom Bamboo and ArtRage 2 - strange behaviour!?

Hi,

Very new to both tablet and ArtRage, but I just bought a Wacom Bamboo Pen & Touch pad, and also downloaded ArtRage 2 to see what the difference would be to the built in Paint programe in Windows 7, which I first tried with the tablet, and it worked fine.

BUT when I downloaded and launched ArtRage, something funny happened. When using the pen, the canvas jumps up to the top of the screen, and I cannot input anything with the pen. Withe the mouse I am able to reposition the canvas to the screen center, and I can dra with my left mouse button down. But as soon as I try the pen again, the canvas just jumps right up to the top of the screen as if it wants to avoid the pen

What can I do?

Thanks!

This type of behaviour usually relates to unusual input information coming in from the tablet drivers. Could you check that you have installed the latest drivers for your tablet, and see if that makes a difference?
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Thank you very much for suggestions, MattRage!

I did check the version of the driver for the Bamboo tablet, and it was in fact updated to the latest. I did however noticed that the behaivour of this "jumping" disappeared when I run the latest driver update once more.

Do you know if there is any difference in compatibility between the free ArtRage, the paid ArtRage2 and ArtRage Studio as far as Wacom Bamboo is concerned?

Cheers!

Whoops, sorry for the late reply on this one. I can't think of any specific differences in Windows 7 with the different versions and the Wacom tablet. ArtRage Studio / Studio Pro and the Studio Pro demo have more updated tablet support than ArtRage 2 in Windows ( they support a more recent tablet standard ) but all support Windows 7 and Wacom tablets.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design