ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: WIP Screenshot

WIP Screenshot

Hi all,
    I have a question that has been bugging me for a while now and the answer still eludes me for some reason, which means it is probably right under my nose !
    I have noticed that a lot of you are able to show your wip as a screenshot within artrage like this
    http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...th-a-goldpinch I know that you can export a files as jpeg,png,tiff etc, but I would like to be able to show it on my blog like the above thread so that my readers can see all the bits and bobs of artrage too as I create a picture...hope this makes sense ?
    Thank you for any help

Bottom left, Start Menu, up to Accessories and choose Snipping Tool. When you choose New Snip, it freezes the screen and you can take whatever you want.

I shortcutted it down to the bottom Taskbar so I can get to it easily.

I only discovered this maybe 9 months ago and I use it for lots of things.

Enjoy! :0)

Unless of course you are on a Mac? In which case…

1:Hold down Shift and Command together and with the other hand press 3
    This takes a picture of your whole screen.

2:Shift and Command together again but this time press 4 with the other hand.
    The cursor will change to a cross-hair. You can now LMB with your mouse and draw a bounding box around just a part of your screen and capture only that bit.

3:Shift, Command and 4 as above.
    Again you get the cross-hair but this time just move the cross-hair over whichever window you want to capture. Now press the Space Bar and the cursor changes again, this time to a camera icon. Now LMB click and you will capture all of the chosen window and nothing more.

The default output format for these screenshots is PNG.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

I still prefer to use the old "Prt Scr" key method for Windows, because I can make changes to it within any program I'd like.

You should see a key on your keyboard labeled with something like, "Prt Scr" or "Print Screen". Just tap the key, and you've copied the screen to your clipboard (laptop users may need to also hold the "Fn" or "Function" key). Then open whichever program you'd like to use (such as ArtRage), and hit "Ctrl + V" to paste the screen shot. You can then make whichever changes you'd like to it.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Thank you all for your replies they answer my question perfectly and to have one or more options to do this is great.....much apprecaited