ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: This isn't about artrage but it was the bright spot in my day, actually in months

This isn't about artrage but it was the bright spot in my day, actually in months

I hadn't planned to get any more but we went in to pay a bill and saw these two. They were feeder rats. Feeder rats have had a cruel life, they're only purpose is to be snake food. They're never shown ant attention or interaction, they're just seen as money. Consequentially they're usually jumpy, nippy, and hyper. It just infuriates me to see them sold for snake food. The last few months have been terrible and by impulse I just decided that THESE TWO weren't going to be fed to snakes, if I can't prevent anything else I can prevent that. So I got them and now they will spend the rest of their lives with my girls living comfortably and loved.
    Unfortunately they put males and females in the came cage and I'm pretty sure she's pregnant and well along. The father was probably her sibling. I hope not. PS: Their tales aren't supposed to be dark, they get baths tomorrow.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new girls.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	159.1 KB 
ID:	72166

The last time I kept an open mind,
    my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
    Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
    No more open minds or dogs for me.www.gms9810.com/

Bathing your rats, now that conjures up a great picture.

Good on you for saving them. For so many people, animals are just commodities.

Quote Originally Posted by copespeak View Post
    Bathing your rats, now that conjures up a great picture...
    We give them (all 20+) of them a bath every week, sometimes every other week. Then are the 10 ferrets.

Robyn said it and I agree

I had various rodents at various times. As a kid I had a white rat. Herman who became Hermina when gender was discovered through pregnancy. . . though for the life of me I can't recall who might have been the father since there were know other rats to my knowledge anywhere near the house. Anyway, I quite enjoyed her as a pet. But my dachshund thought I was out of my mind.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

If you have rats everybody thinks you're out of your mind. Really though, they're excellent. Those two stupid movies about ben and willard gave them a bad name. In actuality they're very clean, very intelligent and never intentionally bite. One of the girl above is going to have babies any time now. She's curled up under my pillow as I type this. If the other girl is pregnant I'm going to have a passel of the to find homes for.
    Regarding 'Robyn said it and I agree ' I don't know who Robyn is.

Gms , Robyn is Copespeak, who commented above. And I agree too. It was a wonderful, compassionate thing to do.

Oh, hi, Robyn, if I may be so bold. Compassionate, yes, but no good deed goes unpunished. I'll probably end up with another 15 - 22 more rats if the other one is both are pregnant. But that's ok, I'll find homes for most of them.