ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red Wakes Up

Red Wakes Up

Not my usual style, so this was a bit of a stretch--lots of fun experimenting with this one!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	521.9 KB 
ID:	72111  

Pleaseing to look at for sure. Well done.

Looks like a woodcut. Makes the eyes jump out.

Thanks guys! I was experimenting with a scratch board-like technique on my iPad. Need to perfect it, but I might try a few more this way.

Thumbs up

A very interesting technique and style! Well done and keep on mastering that.

What a fascinating image. I agree that it becomes a bit about the lines themselves, which do an optical thing, but on the other hand, despite that I can very clearly see the subject and you did a remarkable job on conveying beauty and subtle emotion. It's alluring and intimate. And I would never before have thought one could have pulled that off in this fashion. Brilliant feat.

Yeah, I can see where this is like looking at an engraving that has been colored really magnified. As a thought with the one you did, if you have all the black lines on a separate layer, you might be able to go in and work some of the effects like transparency and whatever which would give the same image a subtler appearance yet you would be using all the elements you have already created. So it's merely an adjustment which you could easily play around with. It may or may not work with all the settings. Maybe you could change the color of the line work to more matching of the local colors and keep the opacity at full. Lots of options. I do that sort of thing all the time, although I haven't done something exactly like this.

Be that as it may, I am impressed. Well done you!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Excellent technique .... seems an engraving (on wood) ...
    Excelente técnica...parece un grabado (sobre madera)...
    Regards from Chile
    "El arte no reproduce lo visible. Lo hace visible" Paul Klee

Wonderful painting technique. I love it. It reminds me a lot of Monique Straub's Art http://www.moniquestraub.com/ . Similar but not the same. Thank you!
    The past is history, the future is a mystery, all you have is the present

Scratchboard is so easy and such fun on AR. This is very clever.

Quote Originally Posted by GRSArts View Post
    Wonderful painting technique. I love it. It reminds me a lot of Monique Straub's Art http://www.moniquestraub.com/ . Similar but not the same. Thank you!
    Thanks for the intro to Monique Straub's work...quite like her stuff!