ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: a $150 affordable solution - iPen 2

a $150 affordable solution - iPen 2

I'm new here today, and I'd love to share this exciting painting demo: https://vimeo.com/56997525
    too bad it's only for Apple users now!
    Bryan

Before I go nuts about this, which I am already getting jazzed, does this then work like a Cintiq? I have a large screen iMac and have for years been lusting after anything where you could paint directly on the screen. But I couldn't justify the expense of a Cintiq for what I do. This means I'm 7/8ths of the way there by just owning an iMac?

I never really got as comfortable as in real life painting in looking at the screen while drawing/painting on the desk. I must say this really has me excited.

Thanks for the post.

Not sure this is the best thread for this though as it may not get seen by people looking for this kind of discussion.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Now that looks very interesting.
    Christine.(Paint what you see, not what you know to be there)

Artrage Magazines https://app.box.com/s/6ybcbpnu1rw3tqee40hge5eb7eag6on6

http://saphire1948.deviantart.com/gallery/

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Before I go nuts about this, which I am already getting jazzed, does this then work like a Cintiq? I have a large screen iMac and have for years been lusting after anything where you could paint directly on the screen. But I couldn't justify the expense of a Cintiq for what I do. This means I'm 7/8ths of the way there by just owning an iMac?

I never really got as comfortable as in real life painting in looking at the screen while drawing/painting on the desk. I must say this really has me excited.

Thanks for the post.

Not sure this is the best thread for this though as it may not get seen by people looking for this kind of discussion.
    I agree with your comments. I have worked for so many years professionally on computers that I now find an ipad is the only comfortable mode of working for me, for any length of time. I found a recent review of this iPen device which I have pasted in part below:

In a brand new Kickstarter campaign, initiated just today, Cregle is advertising a completely new design and technology from the original. Some of the features of the iPen 2 that set it apart from its predecessor are: 1024 levels of pressure sensitivity, angle agnostic accuracy at different angles and lightweight inking.
    Another new feature is a receiver that allows the iPen 2 to work with Apple (AAPL 526.37 ↑0.47%)s iMac, Thunderbolt Display and LED Cinema Display. Using invisible light to achieve angle agnostic, the receivers use tiny cameras that capture the invisible light from the pen tip and triangulate into the exact location. iPen 2 turns a non-touch Apple Display into a pen display and is compatible with every application in Mac OS and Windows.
    One familiar restriction is that the iPen 2 is not a universal stylus within iOS. However, Cregle has learned their lesson with the iPen 1 and are making a standalone calibration app so developers can focus on external accessory protocol. That way, as an iPen 2 user, you only have one calibration tool which produces the same accuracy in each supported app once its calibrated. Cregle is also hoping to develop an iPad Mini model if project funding for the iPen 2 is adequate.

Guess I'm not allow to post their Kickstarter campaign.
    I hope they can raise the fund, and design an ergonomic stand to act like Cintiq.