ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Previewing Art Rage Files

Previewing Art Rage Files

I am having a massive file managaement problem with all of my art rage files.

1. I can't preview them all in the OS X Finder. To me, this is a 100% must.

2. I can't open more than 1 file at a time in Art Rage. To me, this is a show-stopper. I have to open, view, open another, to compare. This stabs time thru the heart!

I have about 4 GB worth of Art Rage files and making sense of them is a brutal experience.

Can art rage come to have some better previewing abilities and tools?

I mean, a Dog eared icon was OK back in 1984, but in 2012 it's completely un-helpful and irrelevant. OS X (and I assume Windows) have mature, modern directory-level previewing functionality. I need previews so that I can cut through the sorting task in moments, not hours.

Please advise.

a
    Last edited by archer; 01-08-2013 at 04:18 AM.

OS X Preview support is built in to ArtRage (hitting space when a painting file is selected, or opening in Preview should work). If it's not working for you, try downloading the latest version and if that does not help we can look in to the app bundle and see why the system isn't functioning.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

I have just checked and most of the ptg files are not showing thumbnails in the preview on my imac.
    Christine.(Paint what you see, not what you know to be there)

Artrage Magazines https://app.box.com/s/6ybcbpnu1rw3tqee40hge5eb7eag6on6

http://saphire1948.deviantart.com/gallery/

Same here in 10.6.8
    (we are talking about using Quick Look here aren't we ?)
    Last edited by markw; 01-08-2013 at 11:22 AM.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Quote Originally Posted by MattRage View Post
    OS X Preview support is built in to ArtRage (hitting space when a painting file is selected, or opening in Preview should work). If it's not working for you, try downloading the latest version and if that does not help we can look in to the app bundle and see why the system isn't functioning.
    Some work (hitting Space with painting selected), some don't and I see no pattern explaining the ones that don't.
    I can try the Preview method, but Quickview in the Finder is an absolute life saver in terms of time consumption.

FWIW, I'm in Mt. Lion 10.8.2

I just tried dragging a dozen .ptg files onto Preview...no soap.

Do an Export Image file and save it as a JPG with the same name so it comes up next to it? Works for me.....

Hi Archer,

I'm running MacOSX 10.8.2 as well. I have no problems previewing all my .ptg files in Finder. AFAIK they won't display in Preview, at least they won't for me.

Brett
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

Mine don't show in finder apart from a couple.
    Christine.(Paint what you see, not what you know to be there)

Artrage Magazines https://app.box.com/s/6ybcbpnu1rw3tqee40hge5eb7eag6on6

http://saphire1948.deviantart.com/gallery/

If you've got a file that was created on a Windows machine that hasn't been opened in ArtRage on OS X yet that won't work (which might explain why some files work and some don't). This is because the OS hasn't properly identified the type of file, and the OS X preview that we save with the file hasn't been saved yet. So, if you're seeing some open and others not, try opening the ones that don't work with Quick View in ArtRage and saving them, that should make sure the file is properly formatted for the OS.

If it's not working at all then the QuickView extension is missing from the application bundle. It looks like the current version is missing the internal plugin which is why some people don't get anything (previous versions have had it for a few years now, the new security system introduced in 10.8 caused issues with certification and post-applied bundle content so that may be why it's missing). It's easy enough to add it manually however so that you can view previews regardless of the version you have installed:

1. Download this file: https://s3.amazonaws.com/artrage_pub..._quickview.zip and unzip it (it generates a file called AR3Thumb.qlgenerator).

2. In the Finder press Cmd + Shift + G (this brings up the 'Go' window).

3. Enter this in the Go window: ~/Library

4. Press Go. This opens the Library folder.

5. If there is a QuickLook folder in the Library folder, copy the AR3Thumb.qlgenerator file in to it. If there isn't a QuickLook folder, create one and copy that file in there.

6. Log out of the Finder and log back in (or restart).

That should install the generator file regardless of the version of ArtRage you have. We'll look at including it in the certified bundle for future versions again.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.