ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Alpha Chanel & .TGA Export

Alpha Chanel & .TGA Export

I've just noticed that when exporting as .tga in ARPro3 on Mac an Alpha channel isn't made as happens with png's. Have others noticed this?
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

If the TGA exporter for OS X isn't giving alpha, then I'd recommend using PNG. We use the OS image exporter, so it sounds like this doesn't support alpha with this format.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thanks for the speedy reply Dave.
    True its not a big deal but AR is the only image software I have that seems to have a problem exporting .tag's.
    You say the AR uses the OS image exporter, would that be the same as used by Preview?
    If I open an image with an alpha channel in Preview and save as a .tag, the resulting .tag image retains the alpha channel just fine.
    When exporting from Preview, there is a check box (by default ticked) to retain the alpha channel. Could it be that somehow AR is not ticking this box as it were when exporting?
    Attachment 72061
    Last edited by markw; 01-07-2013 at 11:09 AM.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)