ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: how can I make pics with transparent background?

how can I make pics with transparent background?

Hi there. I am a teacher and want to great some interactive powerpoints for using on our smartboard at school. I would love to know how I can make pictures with a transparent background for adding to my powerpoints. For example with the current ppt slide I have a background of blue sky and green grass. I would like to create a picture of a girl that will enter from the left of the slide and a picture of a boy that will enter from the right. I would like them to be standing in the scene. I'm not sure what to call these which is hindering my search for how to make them. Digital clip art? Thanks for any help.

Shar

oops, just reread and not sure if a) I am in the right forum (please advise which it should be) and b) if my post makes sense...please let me know if I need to clarify.
    Last edited by shasha; 01-07-2013 at 07:40 AM.

Hi Shasha dose this help...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Alpha Background.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	280.8 KB 
ID:	72056
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Also, when exporting your painting via File -> Export image, make sure to choose PNG as the format, as this image format supports transparency.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thanks so much for replying Mark and Dave. I had changed the canvas but exported the file as a jpeg, so will retry with the png tonight after work. Thanks again....Shar

Yay!

Works brilliantly. Thank you SO much