ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Help!

Help!

I Just lost my painting. Saved it, then it asked me again and was saving a the same one that was not finish, so I got out of it. When I went to reopen there was only just a few layers. I was just about finished with the painting. Pro and windows 8

Solution!

I have found a solution. Reading other post I came across the thread on importing image files. Although not perfect, I can reconstruct layers to finish my painting.

Sorry to hear you lost some of your painting data. Something which can be worthwhile doing when working with a single file for a long time can be to save a new version periodically with a different file name e.g. mypainting1.ptg, mypainting2.ptg etc.

That way, if the file is damaged, something interrupts saving, a power outage or crash occurs while saving etc, you'll have a previous version available. I hope this is of some help.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage View Post
    Sorry to hear you lost some of your painting data. Something which can be worthwhile doing when working with a single file for a long time can be to save a new version periodically with a different file name e.g. mypainting1.ptg, mypainting2.ptg etc.

That way, if the file is damaged, something interrupts saving, a power outage or crash occurs while saving etc, you'll have a previous version available. I hope this is of some help.
    Thanks Dave, Just got careless this time. Lesson well learned.