ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Black Magic Woman

Black Magic Woman

A classic rock tune that still is being listened to and on the the radio. I have done many musical tributes in my musical carrer to Carlos Santana and this song, I play at every event. People everywhere know it and love to hear it. TJ
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Black Magic Woman.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	201.4 KB 
ID:	72026  

Fabulous work Tony
    Treat Others as you wish to be treated

http://mannafig.deviantart.com/

Thanks mannafig for your comment!!

A great job Tony, your work stands out so well and the detail is incredible, love it.
    Geoff

Tonyjazz,
    Mystery and intrigue is captured in this expressive painting.
    A tale of drama and a bit of spell binding witchery seems to
    define the piece. You have really captured the
    haunting mood
    of the music and lyrics. Very well done!

P.S.
    Below is the Carlos Santana "Black Magic Woman" version for
    those who might care to listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10gH-bC3iXo

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Mairzie Dotes

Cool. I like your interpretation. Seems less sinister to me than the images this song conjured for me over the years.

Normally I would see this song set around a fire, maybe even dancing around a cauldron at night. . . all witchy and gypsy, flashing eyes and leering, salivating, sweaty, predatory, through the foggy lens of being under her spell, tryin' to make a devil out of me. . .

Your very valid though different interpretation shows daylight, sharp clarity. . . with her at an non-threatening distance with a moat in between. I might even see her as a white magic, good guy magic user on a quest kind of woman. . . It feels like it's only nominally about the woman as the focal point and more about the gorgeous rock music standard for the sake of the super cool rock music, maybe as played at an open air concert in daytime or on a car radio. And there's not one thing wrong with that take. Very valid. A sort of Galadriel in her youth kind of presence for me.

It always fascinates me to see what other people are thinking, especially through their paintings.

Nice one, Mr Jazz.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream