ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iPad THERE WE GO AGAIN

iPad THERE WE GO AGAIN

I am posting this small work here in the gallery to try to stimulate the curiosity of the ragers, and specially of my friends. The iPad styllus industry makes a great deal of noise regarding its modern electronic technology and function. But styllus functioning is very simple, “simplex” as we say around here. It works only with transfer of positive electrons from the ecran to the finger or another material. Everything happens in the screen of the iPad, I suspect and don’t understand the subtleties of that electronic provided controlled touch .

It is just and only transference of ions to your body, i.e, to your finger, or to a different charged negative electron material. Try to touch the ipad screen with the negative pole of an AA or AAA batery to see the point. So, the main electronic event happens on the capacitive screen, the stylus is just a trigger factor to take ions out of the screen, nothing more.
    That is how the aluminium foil works, for sure.

I’m building my own iPad brushes and am happy with it, fun to do. I’ve no experience with iPad painting, but it is interesting.

I wouldn't waste my time on this homemade stuff? It seems crude, but just try it to see. If you have iPad and don’t want to waste around 50 bucks, test this… I for myself do not use my finger anymore!

It works on iPad, and more, on iPhone, iPod and on the mouse pad of the PC.
    figure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guRefYeKV2w
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Lima; 01-10-2013 at 08:21 AM.

How wonderful to see you posting again dear Oriane and looks like you have been busy, nice painting
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Hi there Lima, so nice to see you again, and very interesting what you are doing, hope to see you post again soon as I will be following you on the brushes you are making for your ipad

Este trabajo tuyo me interesa mucho, ya que espero poder adquirir pronto una Tablet, o bien una Ipad de Apple.
    A propósito: las actualizaciones de tu IPad de Apple, se deben pagar (mensualmente, semanalmente, anualmente???)

This job interests me greatly, and I hope to soon acquire a Tablet or a Apple iPad.
    By the way: updates of your Apple iPad, you have to pay (monthly, weekly, annually???)
    Regards from Chile
    "El arte no reproduce lo visible. Lo hace visible" Paul Klee

Thanks Oriane, I will be trying that as soon as I get some super glue

Quote Originally Posted by damasocl View Post
    Este trabajo tuyo me interesa mucho, ya que espero poder adquirir pronto una Tablet, o bien una Ipad de Apple.
    A propósito: las actualizaciones de tu IPad de Apple, se deben pagar (mensualmente, semanalmente, anualmente???)

This job interests me greatly, and I hope to soon acquire a Tablet or a Apple iPad.
    By the way: updates of your Apple iPad, you have to pay (monthly, weekly, annually???)
    Damas, for the Apple update its self there is not charge nor have I been charged for any update for any apps I have on my IPad

Very cool and I have just been wanting a better stylus. Thanks for sharing , Gail

Quote Originally Posted by justjean View Post
    Thanks Oriane, I will be trying that as soon as I get some super glue

Damas, for the Apple update its self there is not charge nor have I been charged for any update for any apps I have on my IPad
    Thanks, justjean...
    Regards from Chile
    "El arte no reproduce lo visible. Lo hace visible" Paul Klee

Dear friends and dear, sorry for not answering your comments before .. I've got 4 of my grandchildren here in my house, spending some vacation days, you guys can imagine.

Dear ladies Coops, Pat and Jean much appreciated your comments. Shibui thank you. Damaso I have only free apps on my iPad, there is a problem with the iPad store being solved. But as Jean said, upgrades are not paid. Damaso, nice to talk.

Surely you guys gave me the incentive for me to keep talking about this. And yet I think I'll post more about it.

Do you wonder why there are so many DIY iPad styllus/brushes alternatives published in the net? Why is it so easy to do it? It really works?

My guess it is because there is not a revolutionary hightech principle behind the styluses or brushes built by the industry. The functioning of the styllus is very simple, and can be reproduced in many different manners and formats mainly using diferent conducive materials to transmit the negative electric charge of the skin (finger) to the screen. In other words the styllus/brush is just an intermediary object, a carrier interface to convey electrons from the skin to iPad's touchscreen (One of electricity's key concepts is electrical charge. Electrical current is also a key concept, being the flow of electricity from one point to another) . Apple's touch screen technology only reads electrical currents and not pressure, you won't be able to use touch sensitivity!!!
    The direct use of an electric negative charged object like the negative poles of an AA or AAA battery can trigger the touchscreen events.

The events that happens in the capacitive touchscreen; a layer that stores electrical charge is placed on the glass panel of the monitor. When a user touches the monitor with his or her finger, some of the charge is transferred to the user, so the charge on the capacitive layer decreases.
    This decrease is measured in circuits located at each corner of the monitor. The computer calculates, from the relative differences in charge at each corner, exactly where the touch event took place and then relays that information to the touch-screen driver software.

It is just transference of ions to your body, i.e, directly to your finger, or it can be elicit by means of an intermediary objects (styluses)

So styllus functioning ain't a wheel reinvention, a break through of new technology - needlessly try to improve an already perfectly established concept... and smartly used by Apple and by the many existing DIY improvisation styllus ideas that really works.

Please see this link LOL!!! LOL!!! http://files.munsellcolor.webnode.pt/200000284-1602216801/Risos.swf

Really makes me wish I had an iPad.

Great post, Doctor Lima! Leave it to you to come in with something scientific!

Did you find that your brush took on the characteristics of what that brush would do in the real world -- making on the iPad a similar kind of mark as on a paint canvas? In other words, did the nature of the mark change when you changed the kinds of brushes from a bristle to sable? Or did they all just make a sort of similar contact point like the finger might?

Those are some lucky grand kids to have a grandfather like you. I would bet they're jealous of their time with you. My grandfather, who was an engineer, was a bit of an inventor and certainly puttered in the basement, which was his playroom. Too bad he lived so far away or I would have doubtless hounded him mercilessly to let me play with something he was working on.

Go, Dr Lima, GO!
    Last edited by D Akey; 01-06-2013 at 02:57 AM. Reason: spelling fix
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I'll have to look into that! Quite cool!
    Oh and welcome back Oriane!!!
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes