ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: First post and first sketch :)

First post and first sketch :)

Hello, this is my first post on the forum.
    I thank all the forum members, I recently discovered ArtRage, and I'm trying to switch from paper ... to screen!
    I've been reading this forum for two days and I have to say that it is a truly amazing resource.
    I like to draw comics, especially superhero. When I was a child I dreamed of becoming as Steve Dikto, John Romita or Frank Miller :)
    But, anyway, the roads of life are full of turns, and nobody knows what will be around the next.
    I started two days ago to use a wacom intuos 4 and I have to say that the transition from paper to the tablet at the beginning is very difficult.
    At first it is a disaster ... The hand-eye coordination goes to hell and the fruit of many years of practice seems to have suddenly vanished, disappeared. Then slowly things change, the brain must just get used to conduct impulses in different ways, and so my left hand begins to run.
    I'm still not 100%, but I'm beginning to be at least partially satisfied.

Below is a first sketch I made with ArtRage and his magic pencil!
    Will post soon developments :)

Ivan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	attack_pencil03.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	118.6 KB 
ID:	71968  
    Last edited by hoe; 01-02-2013 at 10:36 AM.

Welcome to you! Such a fantastic drawing for a first effort. Drawing on your Wacom will become second nature, and with practice the differences will merge and become almost seamless.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work. :0)

Welcome to the forum and with an excellent sketch.
    The hand/ eye coordination with come very quickly.
    Geoff

Hello and thanks to you both for welcome!
    It 's true, the hand-eye coordination is almost coming back! Still do not have all the feeling I had with the paper, but I think the advantages of digital will replace the current hardships.
    I will update soon with more progress!
    Ivan

Welcome and thank you for the wonderful sketches.
    The past is history, the future is a mystery, all you have is the present

Quote Originally Posted by hoe View Post
    I started two days ago to use a wacom intuos 4 and I have to say that the transition from paper to the tablet at the beginning is very difficult.
    At first it is a disaster ... The hand-eye coordination goes to hell and the fruit of many years of practice seems to have suddenly vanished, disappeared. Then slowly things change, the brain must just get used to conduct impulses in different ways, and so my left hand begins to run.
    I'm still not 100%, but I'm beginning to be at least partially satisfied.

Ivan
    I can certainly relate to the pain of transitioning from manual drawing to digital, and yeah, it feels like having to re-learn how to walk when you thought you already got it down. I agree that digital art is the future, and artists should at least know the basics of painting programs in order to enhance their skills.

If your computer sketches look this good, then I can only imagine how really good you must be with a traditional pencil!

This.... is awesome! Did you draw this free handed? Just... like thát? *is amazed....*