ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Better days

Better days

Our weather here at the moment is like this...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0728A.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	150.7 KB 
ID:	71902

So I decided to build a barn and make it a better day...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	barn.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	49.9 KB 
ID:	71903
    Although I'm not happy with the roof and the stickers, first time I've used them, area bit blurry. Maybe te canvas was too big.

The last time I kept an open mind,
    my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
    Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
    No more open minds or dogs for me.www.gms9810.com/

I like your barn

I think it is cheerful, warm and inviting.

Hi gms! I was wondering how you were today. That barn looks a great place to be. What warmth and fun lies within! I like this piece vey much. The wood effect is very pleasing.

Thanks, I traced the main outline and used my imagine for the rest. I don't like the roof and this was my first foray into stickers.

Gms9810,
    This winter scene is really charming. The snow covered trees and
    landscape is stunning and not to mention realistic. It reminds me
    of what my back yard snowy white covered growth looks like now.
    Oh the beauty of new fallen snow.

Mairzie Dotes

Mair, I think it's a photo.

Beautiful photo, and I can see you warmed up in your nice barn

Oh, Mair's a photo buff herself and has in the past uploaded photos of her own snow scenes. In hers though, there's always a mug of hot Ovaltene somewhere, though probably just waiting inside to help the frosty fingers. Doing a plein aire painting would be a challenge where it's snowing and the aire is far from plein.
    ---------

@ GMS, the homes in the snow are rather beautiful, and the pictures of shelter do create an ambiance. Is snow common every winter in your world? Once every 20 years or something we might get snow like that where I am where it sticks as long as a morning, but go up a couple thousand feet and you get it every year.

I like the barn painting. For things like texture or cornfields or tall grassy fields or rocky roads, sometimes it's fun to play around with stickers to create variety and perspective kinds of effects with color and value, scatterings and such for interest. Conversely there are those who are going for a different interpretive artsy look where they are seeking to create more of a shape and pattern design statement. All approaches can produce some wonderful paintings.

Why would it be blurry? Not sure exactly, but you could try to retrace your steps and see when it does that. Uploading to this site (I think) compresses the larger images and that might be a side effect from that. Like going from an .aiff or .wav to mp3. It averages the fidelity and loses subtlety from the small contrasts.

I bet you see a lot of such rural settings where you're from. When I lived in places like that I would love to go out driving with a camera. Such trips for me aren't quite so carefree anymore because I would really have to drive a long way to get past all the housing developments that cover the land like a blanket of snow, speaking of snow scenes.

Well keep warm!
    Last edited by D Akey; 12-31-2012 at 12:04 PM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by Mairzie Dotes View Post

Gms9810,
    This winter scene is really charming. The snow covered trees and
    landscape is stunning and not to mention realistic. It reminds me
    of what my back yard snowy white covered growth looks like now.
    Oh the beauty of new fallen snow.

Yes, that was a photo to show what our current weather was like. I wish I was that good. Sorry that was confusing, I should have made that clearer. I agree though, I like snow and we don't get much here.

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Oh, ... Is snow common every winter in your world? Once every 20 years or something we might get snow like that where I am where it sticks as long as a morning, but go up a couple thousand feet and you get it every year....
    We used to get a lot but for the last 12 or 15 years we might get a 3 or 4 inch snow now and then. I think this year we'll get a lot as we got this much this soon.