ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Stickers and Stencil Guide Mode

Smile Stickers and Stencil Guide Mode

I just learned how to make basic stickers yesterday and used them with stencils in the Guide Mode. Here are a couple of examples of what I have come up with. Some stickers I make as vectors in CorelDraw and some I make in ArtRage or a combination of the two. I reduced the size of my images to post here. I usually make my images for print quality.

I'm finding the Guide Mode very exciting to use with stickers. To do the hearts so they look right I block half of the heart when I make it, then I duplicate the side I made and flip it and match to two a hales together. I've just started stacking one heart on another. Lots new things to try.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	heart rwb double swag 002 sample.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	101.2 KB 
ID:	71892   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	diamonds and dots swag heart sample.png 
Views:	113 
Size:	473.3 KB 
ID:	71893  
    Aunt Betsy

My Zazzle store:
    Aunt Betsy's Celebration Art

Lovely Lovely! I've yet to make a sticker, but you make me want to! :0)

Thanks Robyn!

I watched some YouTube videos to start with and I learned to use the presets from another sticker by using that preset first and then selecting my new sticker sheet in the settings pod. That way you have the preset from the previous sticker to start with.

The color is a little tricky if you want to be able to change the color of your sticker and have it match the color you choose. You have to use Red 255 as your base. If you have different colors in you sticker when you change the color from the color picker it will not match the color you pick.

So far I am only doing a single image that I place in the bottom left space in the sticker sheet. As you can see from my samples you can get wonderful effects from using just a single image if it has several elements in the single image. Make sure you save it a .png with a transparent background.
    Aunt Betsy

My Zazzle store:

Thanks for that. So many new challenges.........

Thanks Jean!

I'm contently amazed by what can be produced with digital art tools. Sometimes it just seems like magic.
    Aunt Betsy

My Zazzle store:

How nice to see you again! Stunning results.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks D Akey!

It's nice to be back, I've just been enjoying my retirement and haven't done much artwork for a while. I lost my hard drive to my main laptop and I was using an older one and didn't feel much like doing any artwork with a machine with limited power, memory and hard drive space. I got a new laptop recently with more of everything. I just got my CorelDraw X3 working well after installing 2 service packs.

I'm now working on exploring more of the tools in ArtRage. I don't really paint much but I enjoy making clipart to use in my Print on Demand stores. I seem to have an affinity for the mechanics and the precision of working with the tool. Decades of making medical equipment for a living will do that for you.
    Aunt Betsy

My Zazzle store:

Good to see you again Aunt Betsy and wow these are so very very good
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Thanks so much coops! It's nice to be back.

It's been a productive couple of days. I've been downloading some of the resources from the forum and watching tutorials on YouTube. Now that I have the computer power to work with more of ArtRage's capabilities I feel more like joining in with the fun. Here is a wreath I made from a holly sticker I created yesterday. The only thing in the image that I didn't create myself are the gold and silver balls that are part of Artrage's default stickers. I used the Guide mode with a circle stencil to do it. I'll be ahead of the game for next Christmas.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Holly Wreath.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	71922  
    Aunt Betsy

My Zazzle store: