ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blue Dog

Blue Dog

a tracing of a photograph of my puppy... I think my hand slipped a bit though..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BlueDog.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	293.9 KB 
ID:	71869  

Nice one Gary, this is getting scary, me starting to understand your abstract paintings.
    Who would have thought that the forum could educate a numbskull like me.
    Of course there is a downside to this, eventually I might be able to critique your work.
    Best wishes.
    Geoff

Gary, I really like the colours and sharpness in this painting and to me I see 1st, 2nd and 3rd base and a glove hovering over home plate

Quote Originally Posted by limey-g View Post
    Nice one Gary, this is getting scary, me starting to understand your abstract paintings.
    Who would have thought that the forum could educate a numbskull like me.
    Of course there is a downside to this, eventually I might be able to critique your work.
    Best wishes.
    Geoff
    LOL any critique from you is welcome ... I think the more you look at a particular form of painting the more your eye begins to really see what the artist was doing and you begin to gain an appreciation for that perspective and understand the skill or lack of in a work....so the fact that you have taken the time this past year or so to look at my work I am sure you now begin to see repetitions of particular colors, lines and shapes that no longer look so foreign...

Quote Originally Posted by justjean View Post
    Gary, I really like the colours and sharpness in this painting and to me I see 1st, 2nd and 3rd base and a glove hovering over home plate
    Thanks justjean I was actually inspired by another forum mate FORNES... I love his use of flat color and black lines to delineate form and add pattern so that rumbled around in my head for a few weeks and this work is what popped out !..

And I always thought sleeping dogs that whimpered were chasing rabbits, but according to this they're tuned in, comping and chasing lines in jazz. This one's riding the blue note special.

Bet you've played music while he was sleeping. Good doggie!

I really like this one. It feels like you are keeping the whole pic in about the same intensity, although you still have a very groovy hierarchy that allows me the ability to roam around the picture and still be connected by a pivotal element which is the blue dog.

Wonderful piece. Holds together nicely. I also think that the frame/angled/rounded motif playing throughout the pic is well realized in it's variations like stepping stones or keys.

Bravo!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Bright and beautiful, as always! I so look forward to seeing your paintings.

pretty stuff. happy vibe. great piece Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    And I always thought sleeping dogs that whimpered were chasing rabbits, but according to this they're tuned in, comping and chasing lines in jazz. This one's riding the blue note special.

Bet you've played music while he was sleeping. Good doggie!

I really like this one. It feels like you are keeping the whole pic in about the same intensity, although you still have a very groovy hierarchy that allows me the ability to roam around the picture and still be connected by a pivotal element which is the blue dog.

Wonderful piece. Holds together nicely. I also think that the frame/angled/rounded motif playing throughout the pic is well realized in it's variations like stepping stones or keys.

Bravo!
    DAkey....thanks for your eloquent comment... that you put in such musical terms is special to me as music is an integral part of my artistic process.

Quote Originally Posted by copespeak View Post
    Bright and beautiful, as always! I so look forward to seeing your paintings.
    copespeak... thanks so much for your enthusiasm and support.

Quote Originally Posted by screenpainter View Post
    pretty stuff. happy vibe. great piece Gary.
    thanks Albert it is great to have you check in and comment..

A great mix of color Gary, well done...although I still do not understand abstracts
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

My thoughts

I have the feeling my puppy would like to play with yours. She loves her toys and this makes me think of play.